Custom speciality chips from Aurora Poker Gear (1 Viewer)

MattyA

Pair
Supporter Plus
Reaction score
In case people are interested…

I have never used “speciality” chips such as bounty, all-in, etc. However, I thought it might be fun to acquire some anyway. I wanted them to match my BCC “Modern Clay” set of chips since the design on those is so classic I could use the chips with any of my sets. I did a google search and found a few places that could do a custom ceramic order.

I submitted inquiries in 3 or 4 web forms and got a reply literally within an hour from @Mario Garza of Aurora Poker Gear (https://www.aurorapokergear.com/). I explained what I wanted over email and no joke within 4 hours he emailed me mockups of the design. I requested some changes and the next morning the design was done. I was considering requesting the font to match the font of the denomination on the Modern Clay chips a bit more, but decided not to make it too complicated.

A bit of back-and-forth on extra cost to align the edge spots but basically within 24 hours of the initial web form submission the order was in. The cost was $225 for the rack of 47mm ceramics, shipped. I have no idea if that’s a good price but not a ton of options since none of the other vendors who I contacted ever replied to me (wtf??).

I never asked for a lead time and wasn’t in a rush so I don’t know how long to expect for something like this to take. In any case, 22 days later the box arrived at my house.

I am very pleased with the results, see pics below, including pics of the actual Modern Clay chips as a reference for how the design matches. And the ease of doing the order was well beyond my expectations.

Oh and of course I got a 50mm Justin Rack for the chips.

Now I just need to put them to use. Questionable as to when that will happen but hey, I got them “just in case” I need them!

Attachments

• IMG_6338.jpeg
    IMG_6338.jpeg
    363.1 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_6337.jpeg
    IMG_6337.jpeg
    261.3 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_6336.jpeg
    IMG_6336.jpeg
    259.8 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_6335.jpeg
    IMG_6335.jpeg
    266.1 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:
Mario’s the Hard Candy Mafia guy. Lots of ideas and vision, ambitious as hell. He was designing a cage and rack system but not sure he ever finished it out. His chip design idea were not well received at first, but have attained a cult following and are part of The Lore now.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom