• Yes

Votes: 33 57.9%
  • No

Votes: 24 42.1%

• Total voters

Huskerchipper

Straight
Reaction score
I'm mostly into collecting playable sets, but as time goes on, I find myself buying alot of singles in between putting together sets. I know there are alot of members here that do the same but I'm interested in the numbers: Do vs Don't. To me they are all works of art. Some I love and some I hate but I really enjoy it. Anyone wanna share??

Just like yourself, I found myself doing the same thing. It became an issue as I was spending just as much on sample sets as I was on full racks. I’ve definitely slowed down and narrowed my singles want list to sets I really like, that I can’t afford, and narrowed it even further to cruise ship singles/ sample sets.

I have a small number of singles; 60 or so, just starting. Want to collect more but postage costs and general unwillingness of vendors to ship beyond conus makes this challenging.

I was never into singles until I started my rat rod set. Now I am basically obsessed with them lol.

All thc, spotted, inlaid and excellent plus condition. Been working on this set a couple years now and one thing I like about it is that I can constantly keep expanding it.

I’m not sure if they still count as singles when you use them in a set lol.

IMG_3752.jpeg
IMG_3753.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_3751.jpeg
    IMG_3751.jpeg
    194.5 KB · Views: 30
When I go on vacation to Vegas I like to collect shuffle stacks, that’s like 10 singles right?

I was never into singles until I started my rat rod set. Now I am basically obsessed with them lol.

All thc, spotted, inlaid and excellent plus condition. Been working on this set a couple years now and one thing I like about it is that I can constantly keep expanding it.

View attachment 1354821View attachment 1354822
Wow! I didn't realize how far you are in your Rat Rod journey! Do you have a post where you share pics and updates? I'd be interested!

I’ve bought many singles over the years simply because I thought they were cool. They sit in a case for a while and eventually i sell them off because I have no use for them.

As someone who collects card capper singles and sets (but not sample sets), in order to keep spending at a reasonable* number, I ask myself a simple question: Will I use this single as a card capper? If no, then I won’t buy it.

This helps a little bit, though I often have to buy more than one chip to get specific singles.

Maybe I just have to join that old timer chipper site.

*relative term

I wonder how many different threads I can use this in.

IMG_4526.jpeg

(No I don’t collect singles, but I do have some random ones that have found their way to me over time)

You too!?!? I am going to respectfully ask you and BryantRC to stop this immediately as I am 100% certain you guys are occasionally bidding against me and driving up prices on auctions.:mad:
7p7z3vxucrNCw.gif

I'm mostly into collecting playable sets, but as time goes on, I find myself buying alot of singles in between putting together sets. I know there are alot of members here that do the same but I'm interested in the numbers: Do vs Don't. To me they are all works of art. Some I love and some I hate but I really enjoy it. Anyone wanna share??
I collect singles. Probably have 3,000 +/-.

Got a list of THC mold hub inlay chips in that thar carousel?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom