Do you lend out your poker gear? (2 Viewers)

I wonder if you’re using “loan” and “my stuff won’t be leaving my house” interchangeably?

I’ll take any of my gear to a friends’ house for a game - that how I used my paulsons before I started hosting my own game.
But if you’re talking about giving my chips to a friend, to use in a game where I won’t be? No, not my good chips - they’re worth too much. I don’t care if one got broken during a game, but if the set disappeared due to theft, fire, or earthquake - well I’m just not letting it out of my sight. But if we’re talking about cheaper chips (a set worth hundreds, not thousands) sure, I’d loan those out.
I wouldn’t loan plastic cards, I’d just give them away. They’re consumables as far as I’m concerned, but if you need a setup, here, take one.

I don’t hosts so all my gear is lent out. I even shipped 1000 vineyards to a meetup I didn’t even attend. Lol.

My 1700 Ojibwas have been at someone else house for almost a year.

I ship people chips on credit all the time.

I’m not that stingy about my sets. If it came back a few chips short I just suck it up and hunt for more. It’s just chips

No. Not until my Dunes CC chips I got from TCR reappear. Left them at a game a dozen years ago after I busted out. No one had any idea what happened to them. Since then, nope.

FYI, I discovered my monopoly set from a Tina group buy was taken to a different house by my in-laws when I was away, they live with me BTW. Very cool people. They brought it back. I found the case and inside they were all mixed up. They dont like using denoms. They play some ridiculous buyin like $20 gives you 30 chips. Luckily nothing went missing, and they can be replaced via Tina.

At first I thought they just used them here at my house when I was out of town. But a few days later l, after I found the mixed up set, my sister in law was like "yeah we took your poker chips to so and so's house. We didn't use denoms, thats why they are mixed".

Jack Black Smiling GIF

I'm relieved they only took 300 Tina's instead of one of my paulson sets, otherwise it would have started a long conversation about the hours and dollars it takes to make a paulson set, followed by the strict rule of "they only go if I go".

I'll let them know where to find the dice chips for the future. They have a set. I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt that they grabbed it on accident because this set was in the coffee table, in the same aluminum case that the dice chips use.

I don’t hosts so all my gear is lent out. I even shipped 1000 vineyards to a meetup I didn’t even attend. Lol.

My 1700 Ojibwas have been at someone else house for almost a year.

I ship people chips on credit all the time.

I’m not that stingy about my sets. If it came back a few chips short I just suck it up and hunt for more. It’s just chips
I wish I could be a little more like you with "my stuff."
scourge-thor-ragnarok.gif

You are a very generous person who has helped me in the past with chips you yourself were looking for. For free. Who does that?!?

Anyways I've always appreciated your kindness & if you ever need someone else to hold on to your Ojibwas for a while I'm your guy...

To the OP:

Accessories like buttons & cards I would have no problem gifting. They are easily replaceable.

As far as my chips go I would only lend out my entry level sets & then only to people I trust who understand and respect my ocd chip rules.

So basically like 1 or 2 people lol

I’ve lent out my Tina sets multiple times to a good buddy, who loves poker, just isn’t a chipper.

I just hand him a Versa case full, and expect to get it back the same.

Paulsons….HELL NO

Another poker player on Cayman?

No, I don't live there, but it would be a nice place for a meetup!

I've been on Grand Cayman a few times when I was younger. My parents used to have a unit in Victoria House on 7 Mile Beach (has since been torn down), and a property on the north tip of the island (near where Turtle Breeze is now).. My father later built a house near Savannah. Memories...

Gear, such as cards, toppers, chairs, folding tables, inexpensive and easily replaceable chips - sure no problem.

My nice Paulson sets, generally that’s a no. Mainly because most people don’t know what they are and wouldn’t care between Paulson’s and cheap China clays or dice chips. Don’t see the reason to risk something high value under those circumstances. We are chip snobs, 99% of the rest of the world aren’t.

I’d gift my buddy a set of dice chips in the interest of getting more folks into poker and hosting. He can always invest in a better set up down the road.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom