Dunes... of Arrakis (3 Viewers)

Between this and the Fallout chip design (oh not to mention Cratty House & Windmill designs the similar threads suggested). I might commission you to make my Pokemon set. Great work

FYI, opened up Dealer Button for 80mm acrylic group buy through Justin if anyone wants to order through him (I'll personally order enough to meet min qty). Still planning to open up chip set in likely next overall Tina group buy as well once I confirm everything is OK.

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/thre...mm-x-20mm-acrylic-06-2024.119715/post-2457793

1715729253870.png

I need to order these as a birthday gift for my friends who are Dune fans and poker players.

Please open them for group buy soon!

This is the beginnings of 'thinking outside of the box' that is going to make these chips unparalleled in certain and unique ways. But that's just my opinion.

I am really curious how well people think that the colors are translating from their mockups to actual product. Any input is appropriated. That's one of my few concerns.

Last edited:
This is the beginnings of 'thinking outside of the box' that is going to make these chips unparalleled in certain and unique ways. But that's just my opinion.

I am really curious how well people think that the colors are translating from their mockups to actual product. Any input is appropriated. That's one of my few concerns.
Yeah, I want to take some photos in person in a well lit setting with a white balance to best compare colors to the mock-up. Also play around with them to gauge if any dirty stacking or confusion may come in, especially in lower light settings.

For color accuracy, so far the purples seem to be off the most (somewhat expected from past pictures I've seen from others) followed by the blues.. but not sure I'm that concerned with the final result.. but may do some slight tweaking for next batch.

Last edited:
Wow. Those turned out great.

Drooling over Cali coloured cash set. Blue $1, yellow $5, black $20, white $100

Last edited:
So just as a quick compare, with some balancing applied to Tina's photos..

1717010208530.png

Takeaways:
  • 5c/White: OK
  • 25c/Orange: OK
  • $1/Blue: Clear Tone shift on dark side, but very similar lightness.. generally OK
  • $5/Red: OK
  • $25/Green: Slight tone shift on light side, lightness change on dark side, but OK
  • $100/Black: Light side of chip went darker.. but actually may like more (more subtle than initial and creates more separation to purple
  • $500/Purple: Both sides picked up more pink/magenta tones, approx same lightness. OK, but also expected this with purple printing
  • $1000/Yellow: OK
  • $5000/Pink: OK
Now looking at most similar colored chips.. to gauge "dirty stacking/pot":

Blue vs White (Low vs Well Lit): OK
1717011327281.png

Purple vs Black (Low vs Well Lit): Marginal
1717012311647.png

Purple vs Pink (Low vs Well Lit): Marginal
1717011891681.png

1717012068236.png

Overall... still need to see them stacked up and in person... but leaning toward lightening the purple chip to help with separation to the black, and slight tone shift toward blue. Possibly lighten the dark pink side a bit as well.

1717013593016.png

1717015005458.png

Last edited:
So just as a quick compare, with some balancing applied to Tina's photos..

View attachment 1336058

Takeaways:
  • 5c/White: OK
  • 25c/Orange: OK
  • $1/Blue: Clear Tone shift on dark side, but very similar lightness.. generally OK
  • $5/Red: OK
  • $25/Green: Slight tone shift on light side, lightness change on dark side, but OK
  • $100/Black: Light side of chip went darker.. but actually may like more (more subtle than initial and creates more separation to purple
  • $500/Purple: Both sides picked up more pink/magenta tones, approx same lightness. OK, but also expected this with purple printing
  • $1000/Yellow: OK
  • $5000/Pink: OK
Now looking at most similar colored chips.. to gauge "dirty stacking/pot":

Blue vs White (Low vs Well Lit): OK
View attachment 1336064

Purple vs Black (Low vs Well Lit): Marginal
View attachment 1336088

Purple vs Pink (Low vs Well Lit): Marginal
View attachment 1336071
View attachment 1336083

Overall... still need to see them stacked up and in person... but leaning toward lightening the purple chip to help with separation to the black, and slight tone shift toward blue. Possibly lighten the dark pink side a bit as well.

View attachment 1336105
View attachment 1336118

Will you be getting in-person samples before Justin's group buy ends?

Will you be getting in-person samples before Justin's group buy ends?
Of v1 yes, but not v2. Felt confident enough in v1 and minor adjustments though.

But there's also always another group buy if wanting to see more actuals.

Last edited:
Of v1 yes (Saturday), but not v2. Felt confident enough in v1 and minor adjustments though.

But there's also always another group buy if wanting to see more actuals.

Just checking, the current group buy would be for the chip images you posted above, or a updated version that you don't have samples yet for? And would there be an option to swap denominations?

Last edited:
Chip images above, with:
  • Slight adjustments to pink and purple chips (removed some magenta tones given printer over-indexes slightly, lightened both slightly)
1718237698303.png
1718237587810.png

• 43mm added
  • Alt inlays to be added (NCV, Bounty)
  • Addition of 25,000 chip per request:
1718233241677.png

Last edited:
Chip images above, with:
  • Slight adjustments to pink and purple chips (removed some magenta tones given printer over-indexes slightly, lightened both slightly)
View attachment 1343205View attachment 1343204
  • 43mm added
  • Alt inlays to be added (NCV, Bounty)
  • Addition of 25,000 chip per request:
View attachment 1343173

Will you have samples in-hand before Justin's group buy ends? I wouldn't want to order until you are completely happy with the colors, that's for sure.

Will you have samples in-hand before Justin's group buy ends? I wouldn't want to order until you are completely happy with the colors, that's for sure.
Latest version? No. I also do not plan to order a set with the revisions right now, I'm very happy with the first version still (enough confidence from just sample images), but wanted to make sure others benefit with V2. I'm also not planning to charge any fees that will go back to me.

Edit: Oops, guess I did order some last night in my too many drinks stupor.. just saw after checking Justin's thread. LOL

Last edited:
Here's also my latest mock-up if anyone would like to see V2 fully (showing all also in 43mm). Also posted in Justin's thread.

The purple and pink chips should see a slight magenta value bump in actual printing (~10 pts expected).. which should give them a slightly richer color than digitally shown below.

1718319754656.png

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom