FedEx is an absolute piece of shit (2 Viewers)

FordPickup92

Royal Flush
Reaction score
Does anyone else have repeated problems with FedEx?
I've had issues in the past, but I'm going 5 or 6 packages that are repeatedly delivered to wrong addresses. The most recent one actually shows the delivery picture handing the package to someone else at the wrong address.
I've called in several times and continue to file claims but nothing helps.... so frustrated

I bet couriers in Poland are much worse....
Most of the is playing hide and seek with customers.
Only two are quite reliable

FedEx has been fairly reliable in my area, with only one package mistakenly delivered to my next-door neighbor. USPS, on the other hand, has been a nightmare for both incoming and outgoing packages. Lately, I’ve been using UPS for most of my outgoing shipments, even though it costs a bit more. While UPS isn’t perfect, I can’t recall the last time I had an issue with them.

I once had a package with $1500( maybe more ) in chips delivered by them. Watched the guy literally throw like 10 packages on the floor to find mine then throw mine. I confronted and he started to get in my face saying I was lying. I then pointed out all the cameras and he left. I called FedEx and said I could send the video, they didn't care. He was still delivering packages and I went out of my way to avoid them since then. I'll pay extra if it's any other carrier.

FedEx has been fairly reliable in my area, with only one package mistakenly delivered to my next-door neighbor. USPS, on the other hand, has been a nightmare for both incoming and outgoing packages. Lately, I’ve been using UPS for most of my outgoing shipments, even though it costs a bit more. While UPS isn’t perfect, I can’t recall the last time I had an issue with them.
I've had the same positive experiences with UPS. I also worked for them for awhile.
USPS is never an issue, but that may be due to informed delivery, and regularly interacting with the courier/mail driver

I have a super tough time because my address is identical too another address with the only difference being the zipcode 12205 vs 12206. That and my house is number 61 but there is no 59, so it goes 57 then 61 and my stuff gets delivered incorrectly frequently. Super frustrating. Luckily I haven't had any issues with chips yet- but even like Amazon packages and what not.

As you mentioned I'll see the delivery photo and just be like.... That isn't my house/door.

I live fairly rurally (house is down the proverbial quarter mile of bad dirt road, I tell people not to turn and run when they hear banjos, they're mine, etc) and it's resulted in USPS being super reliable, but the kind of reliable where I know any package that won't fit in the mailbox is just left at the post office itself. UPS and FedEx will still come to my door though. In all honesty, I think I'd rather go pick it up and know it's safe than try to figure out where they hid the durn thing. It's almost never actually at my front door. Plus the USPS is one of the leading employers of veterans as an added bonus.

I live fairly rurally (house is down the proverbial quarter mile of bad dirt road, I tell people not to turn and run when they hear banjos, they're mine, etc) and it's resulted in USPS being super reliable, but the kind of reliable where I know any package that won't fit in the mailbox is just left at the post office itself. UPS and FedEx will still come to my door though. In all honesty, I think I'd rather go pick it up and know it's safe than try to figure out where they hid the durn thing. It's almost never actually at my front door. Plus the USPS is one of the leading employers of veterans as an added bonus.
I believe both UPS and FedEx have an option to leave package at local facility on their website (need an account)
That's actually a genius thought hadn't considered.... guess I could just have them keep at the hub and pick it up.
It's a little more out of the way to do that with FedEx, but could be worth a try for something expensive.

This sounds dumb but check your address on Google and make sure it reflects your house.

We lived in my old house in MA for 9 years. Some time during year 7, Google maps made a change and my address (say 150 Acme Street, Anytown MA) pointed to an identical address in an adjacent town (150 Acme Street, Sometown MA).

Some weird things that happened after this:

- most food deliveries went to wrong address
- most packages went to wrong address
- contractors went to wrong address

…..I had a company contacted to clean my gutters. They went to the other address and cleaned their gutters (apartment building) and then tried to give me a multi-thousand dollar bill. I had to have the owner of the company come out and meet me at the wrong address and then drive 7 minutes to my house to make him understand the issue. Got a free gutter clean tho.

I believe both UPS and FedEx have an option to leave package at local facility on their website (need an account)
That's actually a genius thought hadn't considered.... guess I could just have them keep at the hub and pick it up.
It's a little more out of the way to do that with FedEx, but could be worth a try for something expensive.
Get a post office box. Get stuff delivered there. They hold packages inside their building till you pick it up.

We had 4 laptops "delivered" by Fedex at work. Never got here. The proof of delivery was a name of someone that doesn't work here. They refused to look further because it was successfully delivered in their eyes. Our supplier said it happens all the time.
See, that to me is such bull shit!

This sounds dumb but check your address on Google and make sure it reflects your house.

We lived in my old house in MA for 9 years. Some time during year 7, Google maps made a change and my address (say 150 Acme Street, Anytown MA) pointed to an identical address in an adjacent town (150 Acme Street, Sometown MA).

…..I had a company contacted to clean my gutters. They went to the other address and cleaned their gutters (apartment building) and then tried to give me a multi-thousand dollar bill. I had to have the owner of the company come out and meet me at the wrong address and then drive 7 minutes to my house to make him understand the issue. Got a free gutter clean tho.
Interesting... will check on that!

Get a post office box. Get stuff delivered there. They hold packages inside their building till you pick it up.
I'm having mixed emotions :confused

Screenshot_20240802_104317_Chrome.jpg

I live on Mora Circle. For five years UPS had us as Mona Circle in their maps. It got a little better when they changed it to Moore A Circle., but still never got stuff unless I chased the UPS driver down (it’s a small town).

It’s right now and no issues. But I had to call them for years.

Lol yeah! But how does that work with online purchases? Punch in a PO box and they have to figure it out on their end?
Under shipping id select USPS instead of FedEx. The mail service actually works great for mailing stuff, lol.

I really think it depends on the employees.
Shitty employees in all shipping companies. Obviously the ones you are dealing with suck.
My local USPS, FedEx, UPS are all fairly good. One UPS guy a while back was terrible. Thankfully he didn't last long there.

I know what you're saying though, some places do give you an option, but most places I order from they don't have a multiple choice. @ekricket

Oh I've never had that option available???
your best bet might be to cultivate a relationship with your local UPS guy. Before our address got corrected that’s what I did - chased him down a few times, then made sure I met him and talked to him once he started delivering our packages ok. Then he knew our name and where we lived and didn’t bother with wonky addresses.

FedEx is different. They never have the same guy working and they have about 15 different shipment methods they use. I avoid them if possible.

Lately in our area...

USPS - super reliable, but running 2 days late on all ETAs
FedEx - great
UPS - Hot donkey shit.

I used to know all the delivery drivers by name along with their life stories. Unfortunately they all retired and must be lots of turnover because the faces change frequently last few years.

FedEx is different. They never have the same guy working and they have about 15 different shipment methods they use. I avoid them if possible.
It’s typically Fed Ex Ground who delivers packages to residential addresses and all of Fed Ex Ground is franchised territories.

The quality of service you can expect from Fed Ex in your area will most likely depend on the standards of the franchisee who delivers to your area, not so much on Fed Ex corporate.

There was talk within the company last year of corporate taking back over many of the ground territories but unsure of where those discussions stand currently.

This is pretty much my story.

I've had national guard, police, ambulance, tree cutter, lawn service all come to the wrong address. We got free lawn fertilization one time because we weren't home and they came and did the fertilization and left.

Luckily I spoke with the random tree service guy walking around my backyard before he chopped my 150 year old cottonwood tree down.

I prefer USPS, I get a ton of packages including lots of imports from Japan and they are most familiar with me and my residence and it translates into more reliable service for me personally due to my unique situation.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom