FedEx is an absolute piece of shit (1 Viewer)

Does anyone else have repeated problems with FedEx?
I've had issues in the past, but I'm going 5 or 6 packages that are repeatedly delivered to wrong addresses. The most recent one actually shows the delivery picture handing the package to someone else at the wrong address.
I've called in several times and continue to file claims but nothing helps.... so frustrated
1722612902068.gif

1722613078307.gif

Interesting... will check on that!
If incorrect addressing in google maps turns out to be the issue, you can contact Google and ask them to fix it. They mistakenly had my street name as one word instead of two which also caused some delivery issues, I contacted them and they had it fixed within a week. I was kind of shocked it was that easy.

Last edited:
If incorrect addressing in google maps turns out to be the issue, you can contact Google and ask them to fix it. They mistakenly had my street name as one word instead of two which also caused some delivery issues, I contacted them and they had it fixed within a week. I was kind of shocked it was that easy.
I contacted them 15+ times over 6 months. Nothing was ever done. So I said fuck all yall and moved to Arizona, lol.

Feelgood / YOLO culture combined with slavery-type wages have ruined the quality of services throughout the First World...

I contacted them 15+ times over 6 months. Nothing was ever done. So I said fuck all yall and moved to Arizona, lol.
I think that’s an “It’s not me, It’s you” type situation.

I've never really had any issues with FedEx. I'd much rather send packages FedEx 2 Day over USPS Ground Advantage and UPS.

I trust FedEx Express all day everyday.

FedEx, UPS, USPS, name it.

Every day on our development's FB page there's a package swap.

I find it varies a lot depending on your luck of the draw with drivers.

Right now we have two good FedEx drivers who service my (very rural) location. No issues for the past year or so.

But a while back we had a ridiculously bad driver for a few months who would literally throw packages out the door of the truck without stopping, or leave packages in bizarre locations (e.g. putting a large delivery for me behind a neighbor’s barn).

I’ve had equally terrible experiences with UPS at times, more involving lost packages or drivers pretending to have attempted delivery when my cameras showed they never even tried... Right now things are good, but if someone leaves it is possible to get a lousy new driver for a while again.

Also things almost always get worse around the holidays when volume explodes and they hire a lot of temp workers in both their warehouses and to drive.

Google Maps sends some (not all?) of my visitors to the wrong road about a mile away. I’ve reported it many times without any resolution.

Doesn’t seem to be a problem though for my deliveries from UPS/FedEx, so my drivers must not be using Google Maps.

I was too flurried with rage reading the name FedEx to even read the rest of this thread… They constantly find new ways to make my shipping experiences living nightmares. Once at a new job they delivered my work computer to a building 2 blocks away. Security at my office said it had never happened before as they get fedex shipments 3 times a day.

After so many issues, I started asking them to just hold my package at the facility for me to pick up. Worked once or twice… The third time, after confirming on the phone multiple times (and anyone who has tried to call fedex knows it’s basically impossible to get on the phone anyway) they not only didn’t hold the package, they left my brand new chips OUTSIDE my apartment building. On the sidewalk. Had to leave work and go find them. Submitted complaints but never got anything from it. Still paid $70 for that shipping.

I was too flurried with rage reading the name FedEx to even read the rest of this thread… They constantly find new ways to make my shipping experiences living nightmares. Once at a new job they delivered my work computer to a building 2 blocks away. Security at my office said it had never happened before as they get fedex shipments 3 times a day.

After so many issues, I started asking them to just hold my package at the facility for me to pick up. Worked once or twice… The third time, after confirming on the phone multiple times (and anyone who has tried to call fedex knows it’s basically impossible to get on the phone anyway) they not only didn’t hold the package, they left my brand new chips OUTSIDE my apartment building. On the sidewalk. Had to leave work and go find them. Submitted complaints but never got anything from it. Still paid $70 for that shipping.
Dude, uncool. But yeah getting them on the phone is a pita for sure. I usually prefer not to have signature required, but anything from fed ex I am happy when the business tells me they will send it that way.

Dude, uncool. But yeah getting them on the phone is a pita for sure. I usually prefer not to have signature required, but anything from fed ex I am happy when the business tells me they will send it that way.
Signature was required! I think I probably have about 50/50 completely normal and horrifyingly nightmarish experiences with good ol Federal Express. USPS all the way when I can

The hard truth is that all of the major carriers suck *once something goes wrong*.

The 1/4 of 1% of packages which go missing (just a guesstimate) are a simple cost of doing business to them. Dealing with customer complaints about these failures is an annoyance to their staffs and as few resources as possible are devoted to correcting errors. The profit made on all the other deliveries is enough to allow for the occasional irate customer who vows not to use them again.

I have had many successes but a handful of disasters with both UPS and FedEx. Neither UPS nor FedEx handles problems well, unless you get really lucky and manage to find someone in the organization who takes pity on you. The rest are just trying to keep their evaluation numbers up which means spending as little time handling complaints as possible. They are almost better off hanging up on you than trying to help, due to corporate “efficiency” expectations.

USPS I find is a bit easier to deal with, especially if you have both tracking and insurance, and if you are able to spend some time on the phone. I have had success resolving most issues by finding the direct line of the last place the package was tracked. (Going through the main 800 number is usually useless.) I’ve only had one package get completely and permanently lost with USPS.

I have also had at least one major problem with another big international shipper of heavier freight (Estes), which managed to have their whole system go down for a week within 24 hours of my custom-built poker table getting shipped out by Gorilla. Estes claimed they were hacked, and no one was reachable by phone anywhere in the whole country. Also their computer system was kaput. I only resolved that one by going physically to their nearest distribution center, walking around a giant warehouse until I found an open door into an office, and pleading with someone to help. Which she did. We eventually located the table, and I then rented a U-Haul to get it out of their and delivered itself the rest of the way to my home. (Gorilla sent me a modest refund for all the trouble.)

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom