Feedback - Custom Tournament Set on Web Mold (1 Viewer)

IchbinThomas

Waiting List
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I just made some custom poker chips and wanted to get your thoughts. I went for a simple and clean design, without too much extra stuff, because I like it that way.
Our name is "House 45", the text "Forty Five" is pretty small, could this be an issue?

The Chips will be 43mm Tinas Web Mold.

The inlay is a bit blurred, because i had to scale it. The final design will be a vector.

Check out the pics and let me know what you think :) Any feedback is welcome.

Thanks

Set.png

Hey, colors are great, welcome. I dont see forty five much and the suits overlapping with it makes it tough to read. Love the House and tournament font, really looks good.

Mit den Tina-Farben wirst du bei 100 und 500 Dirtystack-Probleme haben. Mach das Lila auf jeden Fall ne ganze Ecke lighter.

/Edit:
Kann dir, wenn ich aus dem Urlaub wiederkomme, mal Beispiele für lila Design-Outcome schicken.

Thank you all for the great feedback. I created a second version with that.

I´m very happy with that outcome. :love:
The background is a dark gray. In the inner circe is a vintage pattern, but with a gradient so a bit hard to see on that zoomed inlay.

Just the "45" on the black and purple chips are a bit hard to see. And i will remove the circle parts in the "H" and "5".
The denom size should be fine this time, the chip color should tell the denom anyway.

@SoupHQ

Danke für den Hinweis, wäre sehr hilfreich wenn du mir sowas schicken könntest :)

Set2.png
Screenshot 2024-06-23 162242.png

If your going to keep the denom that small, I wonder if it would pop more and be easier to see in RED. :unsure:

Hey @IchbinThomas 1/4 Pies FTW!

The guys are right though, my denoms look to be ever so slightly bigger than yours and they are still on the small side. If we re-did these I would defo pump up the denom a tiny bit more. I get you want the name to be front and centre but definitely consider tweaking it just a little.

1719215969527.png

When we did my tourney set we maxed out the denom too, I think it's more common for tourney denoms to be bigger than cash denoms.

1719216386285.png

Whatever you go for, it's personal taste at the end of the day, if you love them, that's what matters most.

gl

(Credit: @mattross1313 for these designs if you want to speak to him...)

The denomination is the single most important element of a chip design, especially for tournament chips or chips with non-standard or potentially confusing colors (1000, 5000, 25000 in your case).

Treat it with the respect it deserves. Make it bigger.

Thank you all for the feedback :)

So, after the suggestions to make the numbering larger, I scrapped the entire design (probably for the fourth time) and came up with something completely new (thanks Envato Elements for the house logo :) ).

The name "House of Cards" only came to me after the design was already done; otherwise, I would have probably tried to incorporate cards as a design element somewhere.

Final alles zusammen1.png

Currently, we have difficulty getting enough people for a poker night every 2-3 months. The big dream is for poker to become established so that we can really fill up 3 tables. That's why we're going with the "buy once, cry once" mentality and ordering one big set right from the start. So we wont need another set.

In this forum, there is a lot of information and discussion about how many chips are needed for a 3+ table game. Since we are mainly beginners, we will probably always play 12/12/5/6/x. Therefore, this set should be able to accommodate 3+ tables. At the moment this are the quantities:

300 x 25
300 x 100
150 x 500
250 x 1000
150 x 5000
25 x 25000
25x Bounty Chips

I'm really curious to see how the chips look in person and I’m excited to show them off within our circle of friends.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom