Finally touched a Paulson. Start to singles insanity? (1 Viewer)

Hey I'm real sorry about this if you're serious. We joke about being addicted to purchasing chips but pump the brakes for a while, these are just toys and certainly not worth losing a family over. Back out and get some cheap ceramics or something?
Ceramics? I've touched a Paulson now.
I've been to the mountaintop. And I've looked over. And I've seen the Promised Land.

Was she angry about the sudden five-hour trip, or the cost of the chips? (I would think the gas money would exceed the lot price.) Seems like there must be more to this story. :unsure:
The cost of the chips it seems... and that wasn't much. I did wait until she was at work then jumped into the car. But that didn't seem to bother her. Fuel wasn't mentioned.

I do think she has some issues that need addressing. She is obsessive about not spending money. Is not the first time she has reacted this way on a small purchase. But I do earn good money and am still careful with it; no new cars, no flashy anything, never been on an overseas holiday. We paid off the mortgage on a large family home in only 8 years. She's done pretty well financially due to my work.

But, I do think I should have the right to make my own spending decisions, a right to have a hobby. I should be able to use a small amount of the money I earn on things that makes me happy. I should not have to be abusively controlled... especially by involving the kids (10 and 8) and she did. They love the chips, by the way .

This needs to be carefully dealt with. I'll try that. But in the long run (chips or not), if I'm not allowed to be happy then...

Thanks everyone for their posts, in all flavours. Fealt better for reading them.

Pffffh.... easy answer....

Ditch the wife!

If the kids like the chips and want to stick around cool... otherwise they can all go!

I'll be damned if anyone person is going to tell me how to spend my well earned money! And yes I WAS married, yes I understand BIG purchases need to be discussed on a shared income... but damn what did that pile cost $60?

Woman get your butt in the kitchen and make some sammiches, did you get that mysterious brown stain out if my underwear you have been working on for a week??? Exactly! You have a ton of other things you ought to be worried about, not these couple little poker chips. You're botherin me... go on so I can contemplate with my internet buddies in the US on what to buy next!

Yup... I said it!

Ben is saying his inside words out loud :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

She got real angry, threatened divorce at the dinner table in front of both kids. Was disturbing. Sad times. You're a lucky man.
1714695408769.gif

The cost of the chips it seems... and that wasn't much. I did wait until she was at work then jumped into the car. But that didn't seem to bother her. Fuel wasn't mentioned.

I do think she has some issues that need addressing. She is obsessive about not spending money. Is not the first time she has reacted this way on a small purchase. But I do earn good money and am still careful with it; no new cars, no flashy anything, never been on an overseas holiday. We paid off the mortgage on a large family home in only 8 years. She's done pretty well financially due to my work.

But, I do think I should have the right to make my own spending decisions, a right to have a hobby. I should be able to use a small amount of the money I earn on things that makes me happy. I should not have to be abusively controlled... especially by involving the kids (10 and 8) and she did. They love the chips, by the way .

This needs to be carefully dealt with. I'll try that. But in the long run (chips or not), if I'm not allowed to be happy then...

Thanks everyone for their posts, in all flavours. Fealt better for reading them.
You need to buy chips for her, too. She’s probably mad because she was hoping for a VIP2 1/2 set.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom