Vendor Sale First Exclusive Look: Curious Cask Poker Chip Tray (6 Viewers)

It is pretty redundant at this point but agree with the prior reviews. Dimensions are off, I could fit 21 used Paulsons in a row but not 21 abbiatti chips. The fit needs to be adjusted to accommodate the 20 per row standard. Here are some pics, personally I prefer the clear acrylic vs the smoke look. I saw a previous comment address the depth of the slot and it was pretty comparable to the 67.7 rack although I didn’t get a ruler out.

Even if dimensions were adjusted I don’t see myself purchasing this product because I prefer the look of the original rack design. It just looks cleaner imo. There’s definitely room for improvement.

Thanks for the opportunity to let me review your product Brian. If anyone wants to check them out I'll ship them to you for free. HMU.

Attachments

• 1719714911757.jpeg
    1719714911757.jpeg
    143.3 KB · Views: 29
  • 1719714932261.jpeg
    1719714932261.jpeg
    149.6 KB · Views: 29
  • 1719714955782.jpeg
    1719714955782.jpeg
    145.5 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
I’m trying to figure out why the packaging matters in the slightest.

I’d rather the racks ship in a reused MFRB, wrapped in TP, if it meant my chips fit in the rack properly.
I thought about that too. Fancy packaging probably has a lot to do about marketing. But here’s another possible factor - if racks get damaged in shipping, that cost goes right back to the seller / manufacturer. However, if a company spends more on packaging, they won’t have to worry about footing the bill for broken product.

But again, we’re talking about ten cents worth of plastic, so I don’t understand all the fuss.

2024-06-27_18-54-07_864.jpeg

2024-06-27_18-53-30_982.jpeg

2024-06-27_18-57-12_748.jpeg

The good stuff:
Liking the thicker walls, the fit/finish, the translucent look, and the scalloped bottoms. Plus the different color options will look kick ass in the birdcage

The meh stuff:
While I appreciate the extra storage of 21 CPC chips per row, the OCD in me wants a nice fit of 20 per row. This will also improve tray stability when stacking more than 3 trays

Other stuff:
IMO, the trays are a step up from what I've seen before. Depending on the price point and whether or not the dimensions are tweaked, I might purchase these to replace my current trays

Gotta give the vendor credit for putting his product out there for reviews from enthuthiasts like us!

So I've finally had time to experiment with these...
I will follow others opinion in the shipping being very well organized, presentable, and effective. A+ there

Initial thoughts - the racks themselves are a nice quality, particularly pleasant aesthetically. The material is thicker and more sturdy than other racks. I like the flats on the underside, initially my thought was they would stack nicer that way. There's also no sharp plastic mould buttons underneath to damage the chips when stacked.

As stated previously these racks are not suitable for Paulson... however I thought they may be a good fit for BCC chips as they tend to be a bit too thicc for Paulson racks. They are too loose in these racks as well.... disappointing.

I tried every type of chip I have, including CPC and none of them fit snug/well at all.
That being said - I think these racks are a 2/5 unless the dimensions are adjusted to more snugly fit the chips.

20240630_125436.jpg

21 almost 22 chips per barrel (TRK)

20240630_125447.jpg

The gap with only 20 chips

20240630_125528.jpg

21 per barrel (BCC)
20240630_125619.jpg

20 with a gap

20240630_125639.jpg

Very used Paulson

20240630_125803.jpg

22 per barrel

20240630_125812.jpg

A top view of the underside of the rack, the chips sit very flush in the bottoms of the wells which looks reslly nice from the underside
20240630_130012.jpg
20240630_130017.jpg

20 mixed CPC moulds

20240630_130602.jpg

20240630_131202.jpg
20240630_131206.jpg

21 & 22 per barrel here

20240630_131309.jpg

If anyone else would like to try these out let me know

Ok @Curious Cask . Sounds like there's some excellent feedback and some room for improvement. Have you already manufactured a first full run, or were these samples prototypes awaiting final tweaks? Consensus seems to be you'd have some happy customers if the dimensions were tweaked a bit.

Thank you to all the reviewers of the Poker Chip Acrylic Tray!

We are happy to see the appreciation for quality and design come through, as it took us many iterations to arrive at our first Poker Chip Acrylic Tray. We didn’t expect less from this die-hard community and knew you would find “room” for improvement (no pun intended). We designed our trays with CPC and Matsui chips in mind, as this aligns with our upcoming release. At the time of design, the possibility of damaged or stuck chips due to tight tolerance was our biggest concern. But now, we hear you, and we are in discussions to tighten up the dimensions to better accommodate a wider range of chips, including Paulson. Rest assured, tweaking the dimensions is one of the easiest adjustments we can make!

To show our appreciation for the community’s help in improving our product, we are planning to offer an exclusive deal to the PCF community on our first production of products, compared to the future retail price when we launch to the public. Community members who have thicker, newer chips or prefer a looser fit can take advantage of this opportunity to stock up on our L-size trays.

We are glad to hear the positive feedback on the packaging! It’s better to go durable, as a multitude of individuals handle the product without the same care and consideration that we have for our creations. Seeing those dented edges on the box but not on the product was very comforting to us. Plus, it gives us a fun canvas to tell stories and create experiences.

Four-color L-size Curious Cask Poker Chip Acrylic Trays will go on sale exclusively on PCF in the next couple of days. We can’t wait to share our hard work with you all.

Thank you again for all the warm welcomes!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom