Vendor Sale First Exclusive Look: Curious Cask Poker Chip Tray (4 Viewers)

Curious Cask

Sitting Out
Site Vendor
Reaction score
During our time observing the passionate chippers of the PCF, we noticed the dedication and love you pour into your personal collections. However, the trays holding these cherished poker chips often seemed to be just an afterthought. After purchasing and studying various trays ourselves, we saw the potential to elevate the way chips are carried and displayed, proudly honoring them as many of us feel – storied treasures near and dear to our hearts, or wallets.

infomercial oops GIF by HuffPost

In our early exploration phase, we determined that a tray weight of 130 grams provides the perfect balance, making each tray feel substantial and sound significant when placed on the table. With increased weight comes added materials and wall thickness. The tray’s sturdy 1/6 inch wall eliminates the need for rigid supporting structures, enabling us to explore more fluid forms and give us opportunities to address the biggest flaw found in traditional tray designs. We superstitiously believe Mike’s wobbly three stacks of high society and the rattling sound made by his chip trays really sealed his fate of losing it all.

ChipHolderLightPaintLoop.gif

We can probably all agree that one of the most satisfying human experiences is putting LEGO pieces together. We wanted our trays to provide that same reassuring response when being stacked. That’s why we designed a negative circle channel on the underside of the tray, ensuring it stacks securely on top of another tray full of chips. This feature sets the tone for our overall design language.

ChipHolderStack2.gif

Another major issue we needed to tackle is how acrylic chip trays get scuffed up by the chips or really strong fingernails over time. As designers, we thought, instead of making shiny toys and having them slowly destroyed by our customers, why not do it ourselves? The matte finish on the top surface surprisingly gives the trays a sophisticated look and a premium touch. And of course we kept the underside shiny and reflective because everyone needs a little bling-bling!

ChipHolderSpinComposite.gif

Technical Details

For chip size ⌀39/40 mm
Holds 100 poker chips per tray
Each tray has five slots, each slot holds 20 poker chips
Slot width: 69.8mm,
Slot fitment of 20 chips:
Comfortable - 3.25mm thickness, per chip​
Perfect - 3.3 mm thickness, per chip​
Snug - 3.4 mm thickness, per chip​
Tight - 3.45 mm thickness, per chip​
Material: Premium Acrylic
Each tray weighing 132 grams
Each tray dimension L 8.2” x W 3.1” x H 1.1”

Key Features

Stackable Design
: Secure stacking with a negative circle channel on the underside.
Crafted Opacity & Intriguing Colors: Adds a touch of personality. Available in translucent, red, black, and white.
Matte Upside and Reflective Underside: Shiny and reflective for a striking contrast.
Scratch Proof and Premium Touch: Refined matte texture and finish prevent scuffs and scratches, providing a sophisticated look and a high-quality tactile experience.

Retail price for pack of 5: $25, Includes 5 trays, all in the same color.
Estimated availability date: June 15th
*Stay tuned for a special offer exclusively for PCF members. More deals and details will be announced closer to the launch date!

Hundred Chips TT.jpg

BT Cart.jpg

Red Logo zoom.jpg

WT Front Two.JPG

Last edited:
Be the FIRST to get your hands on a pack of 5 Curious Cask trays for free before anyone else!

There are two ways:

1. Become a Product Reviewer ;)
As a product reviewer, you will receive a pack of 5 trays for free, along with free shipping.

What we need from you:
PM us to express your interest.
Create detailed reviews, photos, and/or videos of the product in use.
Share your honest opinion and content anywhere you feel appropriate on PCF, but please drop a link in this thread to let us know where.
&
Follow our Instagram @curiouscask and give reviews when the product is made available to the broader audience.

*We are looking for reviewers who will test the trays and take detailed images with a wide range of different brand and material chips, including Paulson and others. We have tested our trays with Matsui chips (perfect fit), CPC chips (snug fit), and a few brands of China clay chips.

2. Enter as an early Enthusiast :love:
You will have a chance to win a pack of 5 trays for free, along with free shipping. We will announce five winners before Monday, June 10th.

What we need from you:
Reply in this thread. The top comments with the most reactions win.
Spread the news and share with five of your friends on PCF. Screenshot your good words and PM us!
&
Follow our Instagram @curiouscask and be our advocates when the product is made available to the broader audience.

our early enthusiasm and participation are greatly appreciated. We can’t wait to hand out these bad boys to you! Good luck!
Warm regards,
Brian & Grayson
Curious Cask

Last edited:
Looks great, love the space underneath. Very thorough work!

Edit: ah shit there's instructions, 1 sec

Edit edit: I don't want a free one, but I'd like to purchase one and leave an honest review. I already talked about your cards lol, but you clearly put work into these.

Last edited:
I’d like to enter as an early enthusiast and I’ll still offer up a fair review!

Last edited:
Will people be upset when they realize most of their chips stack 21 per row?

Or when chips are tippy in partial barrels due to shallow slot depth?

They look cool but I've already tackled these issues as have many other tray makers.
Many people don't own calipers or know how thick their chips are adds to the difficulty providing the best size people need for their application.

I see stackability being only structural benefit which may be an annoyance with sloppiness of barrel slot length allowing chips to tip.

Do they still crack like many other racks or use similar plastic to Justin racks that I've never seen a cracked one yet?

Will people be upset when they realize most of their chips stack 21 per row?

Or when chips are tippy in partial barrels due to shallow slot depth?

They look cool but I've already tackled these issues as have many other tray makers.
Many people don't own calipers or know how tall their chips are adds to the difficulty providing the best size people need for their application.

I see stackability being only structural benefit which may be an annoyance with sloppiness of barrel slot length allowing chips to tip.

Do they still crack like many other racks or use similar plastic to Justin racks that I've never seen a cracked one yet?
States premium acrylic, but it should have maybe 3 barrel length options…

New to PCF and chipping in general. Very little experience with tray types and manufacturers. Maybe a fresh set of eyes and unbiased opinion on trays would make for an insightful product review?

Have you tested these with 20 stacks of various chips to see well they fit? Paulson, BRPro,CPC, etc.
Thank you for your thoughtful feedback and questions. We understand the importance of ensuring our trays work well with various types of chips.

We have tested our trays with Matsui Chips (Perfect), CPC (Snug), and a few China Clay chips to ensure a good fit and stability. However, we recognize the value of testing with an even wider variety of chips.

To address this, we are planning to send a pack or two to reviewers who will test the trays with a broader range of chips, including Paulson and among others. Let me know!

Brian

Consider me early enthusiast! Following on Instagram. Photos are great. Not really sure how I feel about red or black racks but would love to see in person.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom