Homemade Wood Poker Chip Trays (1 Viewer)

rjdev7

Full House
Site Vendor
Reaction score
I just wrapped up a new woodworking project to create wooden trays to hold some of my chips. They were a pain in the ass to build, but overall I’m happy with how they came out.

Curious to get opinions from other chippers. Let me know what you think!

Complete Gallery of Pics: https://www.pokerchipforum.com/media/albums/wooden-poker-chip-trays.1476/

Finished picture:
full

Just my brain, mostly.

I think it’s just that working with smaller pieces means you need to pay attention to more detail. The hard part was ensuring all of the drill holes were precise otherwise it creates offset walls in between the chips barrels. Just one example.

Beautiful!

I don't think I would want to carry 3 or 4 racks at a time though... They don't look incredibly stable stacked, but they are stunning for single rack transporting (like moving between tables).

Beautiful!

I don't think I would want to carry 3 or 4 racks at a time though... They don't look incredibly stable stacked, but they are stunning for single rack transporting (like moving between tables).

They look great for display, too. I can easily picture my Kings Castle chips, with the yellow and gold tones on the inlays, in those wooden boxes! I'll take 6, please! ;)

Thanks for the kind words, everyone!

I definitely don't intend to carry these very far. They're going to live in wooden case that I'm building next. I largely did it just because I was tired of using a birdcage and wanted to have something nice to show off the chips.

I'm happy that you all like them. Maybe I'll make some more and post some "For Sale" classifieds... Hmm. :whistle: :whistling:

Magnet closures FTW! Can you highlight that process? I have a project that magnet closures might be beneficial.

They look great, though.

A top/bottom rack for sandwiching between racks would solve your instability problem (the *racks* instability... if you are unstable, seek professional help). Then just a top and bottom piece with flat surfaces.

The racks are actually surprisingly stable with the routed undersides.

I was playing around with them and was able to stack 4 without a problem (and nudge them gently without falling over)

The magnets are on amazon here: Round Magnets For Refrigerator By ETO MAGNETIC, 35Pcs 8MM x 3MM Stainless Steel Craft Magnet, Durable Mini Magnets For Multi-Use https://www.amazon.com/dp/B073QQ1MFV?ref=yo_pop_ma_swf

I found a 5/16” drill bit to be the perfect size. Then you just gently sand the underside of the magnet to make it adhere to the epoxy better and push them down into the holes by hand.

Note: two things to remember. It’s best to use a drill press if you have one so you can control the depth of the hole. Also, you have to remember to check the magnet polarity otherwise you’ll have trays that don’t lock together. I obviously did this once or I wouldn’t be mentioning it... :unsure:

The magnets are on amazon here: Round Magnets For Refrigerator By ETO MAGNETIC, 35Pcs 8MM x 3MM Stainless Steel Craft Magnet, Durable Mini Magnets For Multi-Use https://www.amazon.com/dp/B073QQ1MFV?ref=yo_pop_ma_swf

I found a 5/16” drill bit to be the perfect size. Then you just gently sand the underside of the magnet to make it adhere to the epoxy better and push them down into the holes by hand.

Thanks for the tips and the link... Kinda funny how they claim "One magnet can hold up to 12 papers." and then demonstrate the point by holding 11 pieces of paper in place.

Also, you have to remember to check the magnet polarity otherwise you’ll have trays that don’t lock together. I obviously did this once or I wouldn’t be mentioning it... :unsure:

giphy.gif

Thanks for the kind words, everyone!

I definitely don't intend to carry these very far. They're going to live in wooden case that I'm building next. I largely did it just because I was tired of using a birdcage and wanted to have something nice to show off the chips.

I'm happy that you all like them. Maybe I'll make some more and post some "For Sale" classifieds... Hmm. :whistle: :whistling:

Depending on the price, put me down for 2!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom