How do you guys feel about people copying your custom themes/chip names/designs/etc? (1 Viewer)

Yeah, but the spots are rotated differently on the $25, and completely different on the hundo. Probably just a coincidence... ;)

Not to mention, the frac is actually
Dark Blue with Light blue, whereas the original is light blue with dark blue, totally different, flipped the script quarter pies.

3DAE406C-7822-4EFB-829A-B62A887D2DBD.jpeg
11EA2DB5-4087-46A8-872C-2791566608FD.jpeg

See what I mean, totally different.

Last edited:
If the owners of the Godfsther movie copyright cared, they could potentially force him to destroy the chips or pay them.

In the town I used to live in, a guy opened a pizza parlor called Sopranos after the show became popular. It was a pretty rinky-dink operation, but HBO somehow heard about it and came down hard on him with lawyers.

He might have been able to fight them, but he decided it wasn’t worth the grief and changed the name.
I have 2 lawyers in my game but I’m prepared to make them an offer they can’t refuse.
IMG_4716.jpeg

The longer I look, the worse it gets... that's wild

EDIT: The design of the original set is awesome, to make that clear (speaking on the temu label above)
This is an example of taking a design then customizing it in a way that it doesn't make sense to anyone else which I posted in that thread. I'm from Maui, no active volcano there, color me confused.

I think stealing inlay design is a lot worse than to copy one chip colors from CPC. Cherry picking nice CPC color combos from different sets is something bound to happen as there are limted colors and more and more sets being posted.

Taking 2-3 or more chip colors and spots from another set to use in your own is really frowned up on unless you have permission but there is not much that we can say about it.

I would be pretty honered if someone copied one chip from my Broken Shields set but on bummer if someone stole the complete line-up or the inlay designs

I still think it’s fascinating how we’ve evolved/devolved. I swear if this had been posted like 6 years ago, the responses would have been much different, with many more expletives involved.

Here is the number one rule in all of chipping (which is hard for a lot of people to adhere to for whatever reason):

"Don't be a c*nt."
Think he got banned. Too bad, he seemed so nice
Told him the number one rule but apparently that was a really tough one for him to overcome.

wondering if there is an argument for mimicry being the highest form of flattery here?

love the thread.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom