I’m officially a PCF member! Completed my first Paulson set! (1 Viewer)

mooncereal

High Hand
Reaction score
With this last shipment I think I’m officially a PCF member now.

My journey started with dice chips in my buddy's garage 10 years ago when I was a wee lad playing $5 tourneys.

Not much changed until I started hosting my own cash games and decided I needed a major upgrade.

I found this forum and even after reading for weeks I decided to go for some CC milanos. When I bought a set here, the seller sent me some Paulson samples and I was just hooked.

The more time spent on the forum, the more I wanted an upgrade.

My goal this year was to pay my car off in full (goal completed!!) so I wanted to start with a beginner set that wouldn’t bankrupt me.

I saw the availability and price tag of the jumers primary’s and I loved the colors so I started piecing it together.

It fully threw me into the hobby since I had to relabel some lucky lady $1s into the fracs (thank you Gear!) and source each piece rack by rack and barrel by barrel.

I’m extremely happy to have the set complete and I can’t wait to felt them this weekend.

With some more disposable income on my side after paying off my car, we will see what the future holds for this young chipper.

I’ve got my eye on a deckmate 1 and tiger palace secondary’s. RIP WALLET

anyways, glad to be here and I’m having fun with all of you.

Attachments

• IMG_0103.jpeg
    IMG_0103.jpeg
    259.8 KB · Views: 152
Nice looking set man :tup: If I could offer a suggestion, drop some fracs in favor of more 5s. For a single table you shouldn't need more than a rack or 120 at most, unless you like crazy frac stacks at your table.

Nice looking set man :tup: If I could offer a suggestion, drop some fracs in favor of more 5s. For a single table you shouldn't need more than a rack or 120 at most, unless you like crazy frac stacks at your table.
good suggestion. I like having extra fracs just in case, but I'm planning on adding more 5's and 25's. I got this set to where it's "playable" at 6-10 max .25/.25 $100 cap now, but if we play bigger stakes I'm going to run out of chips pretty fast.

YES! Congratulations!

Now sell it and buy a much more expensive set to replace it! Repeat often, except vary your behaviour by not selling some of the time.
I'm starting to understand how this works now. got my eye on tiger palace... I could sell my whole set for one rack of $5s LOL

also - @allforcharity you've been there since the beginning and told me to get paulsons so here ya go hahaha

I'm starting to understand how this works now. got my eye on tiger palace... I could sell my whole set for one rack of $5s LOL

You don't have to jump to TP all at once. There's lots of incrementally more expensive sets in between. And you'd get to expand your knowledge handling more and different types of chips, too!

Of course, your wallet dies a little more each time, but what price happiness?

You don't have to jump to TP all at once. There's lots of incrementally more expensive sets in between. And you'd get to expand your knowledge handling more and different types of chips, too!

Of course, your wallet dies a little more each time, but what price happiness?
my girlfriend wishes I had cheaper hobbies.

Very nice! Congrats on the auto and the chips.
I've been here not yet a month, in progress putting together on a punk rock mix set (started with loving the IOC .50 frac) and I'm already dreaming up a Cali color set!
Have a great time at the table with them this weekend!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom