In game snacks? (1 Viewer)

Jonesey07

4 of a Kind
Reaction score
I'm hosting a cash game this Saturday. What is your favorite in-game snack to eat at the table?

(PS, I don't have a hot dog roller)

I have an air fryer.. cooks a dog in 6 minutes. I guess that's always an option.
It's nothing to do with how it tastes, it's that you just set it and leave it so you can feed a bunch of people without any effort at all. Lets you focus on more important things like beer and cards. Just make sure to highlight the "take a dog, replace the dog" house rule.

I got to Sam’s Club and get the big variety pack of chips. It’s like 40 bags for $12 and a bag of the mixed mini candy bars. I also pick up other snacks when they are in sale. I have some beef jerky and little bags of peanuts.

I toss it all in a big plastic tote.

And get a roller. ;)

Also, small crock pots are great, I keep cheese dip and chili in them to make nachos. Or to put on the hot dogs. Easy and quick.

Last edited:
Costco Chicago mix popcorn (often referred to as “crack” corn cuz it’s like crack). It’s the Carmel cheese mix. Yum.

Also like the cheap trail mix from Costco. Peanuts, m&ms, almonds, etc.. it’s pretty cheap compared to other places that sell trail mix, and it’s got that same salty/sweet mix that people crave

Hotdogs are great, but the roller isn’t all she’s cracked up to be.. mine must be broken since if I leave dogs on (it’s too hot) even at the lowest setting I get scorched dogs and a big mess.. you could always do a crock pot with dogs (or brats) keeping warm.

Meet/cheese platters are great, but they get dried up and yucky if left out. Not a good choice for a long game imho.

Costco sells frozen Swedish meatballs, place these in a crock pot with a mixture of slightly (water) diluted marinara sauce (fancy spaghetti sauce). Set and forget, and people will rave about them.

Costco also sells those peanut butter pretzels. Oh ya, a must have. But beware, you’ll get folks trying to steal them from you...

Another trick I use is to provide cheap paper cups for snacks, or possibly small bowls, rather than large plates. The cups fit into drink holders to prevent spills and are convenient. Items like the meatballs don’t do well with large flat plates. Invariably one will slide off a plate and onto the floor... marinara sauce stains.... just sayin

@Azcat is a master at snacks for his games. I'm trying to pressure him to host this weekend so the mardi gras set can hit the felt lol (and I'm jonesing for poker)

I personally enjoy hummus with fresh veggies: carrots, sliced bell peppers, celery, broccoli, etc.

Not a huge hit with most of my crowd, however.

I don't allow any food on the table other than (the) nutz :D
During the food break, I make sure it's grilled food (meat & vegetables) that does require a fork, but not a knife, (so it can be eaten with one hand on the fork and the other holding the dish) and has no sauce/juice so that no accidents happen when eating standing. I wont' get into more details to avoid being quoted by @WedgeRock :D in the wrong thread.

My crew might be the exception. We always eat before the game and take a break at half time to chow down some more. We usually only have drinks at the table. The idea of consuming anything with your bare hands while handling chips just grosses me out

My crew might be the exception. We always eat before the game and take a break at half time to chow down some more. We usually only have drinks at the table. The idea of consuming anything with your bare hands while handling chips just grosses me out

I agree with this whole heartedly. When there are meals planned such as holiday prime rib, morning brunch, or delivery pizza, I make everyone take a food break. However when the food consists of snacks like chicken tenders or hot dogs off the roller, I try not to be a food nazi, so I tell players that they can eat so long as it's not over the table and that nothing gets on the cards or chips.

Pretzles
M&Ms
Mini Chocolate Bars
Various Nutz
Cheese and Sausage
Chips

No food at on the table. That is what the side tables are for. No beer on the table again side tables. I don't have a hot dog roller (yet) and when I have done wings and meatballs kept having to remind people no food on the table. I still do nicer food for special times of the year.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom