LeShuffler: A Competitor For Shuffle Tech? (1 Viewer)

Bikshu

Pair
Supporter
Reaction score
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/francoissteiner/leshuffler/

First let me say that I am completely and totally unaffiliated with these Leshuffler folks. This just came across my Facebook feed as a sponsored post and so I hopped over here to see if anyone had mentioned it yet. I'll also admit that I have personally never used a Shuffle Tech or any automated shuffling device, so I'm in absolutely no position to know whether these things are even worth their fairly high cost or not. But I read their full Kickstarter proposal and thought it sounded kind of cool, so I figured I'd share it with all y'all to get your thoughts. My house isn't very conducive to hosting so I'm not really their target demographic, but if I had $600.00 just burning a hole in my pocket I'd probably still back the project. LOL

Leshuffler.jpg

That's funny because I tried searching for "Leshuffler" and nothing came up. Probably because the only mention of the product name in that thread is within one of the posted images. But yeah, no sooner had I posted this then that other thread jumped to the top of the sub-forum. LOL

As I mentioned in other op

I'm a backer for one
I also have a shuffletech and their black jack multideck machine also

All my Best Jeff :)

Interesting comparison chart

View attachment 1383576
Odd choice to specifically name Shuffletech but not Light & Wonder (formerly Shufflemaster) products. To be fair, L&W are incredibly litigious, but I would've thought that they would just call the ST1000 an "enthusiast-grade" shuffler or something.

Last edited:
That is pretty impressive. I recently received my Shuffle Tech and the randomization is not nearly as good. I tried it with a new deck, and there were quite a few runs of cards that were still in order. I also tracked the cards on the bottom and top of the deck, and they usually land in a predictable area of the shuffled deck. Seems like the LeShuffler has a superior algorithm.

Nah. It's more I don't get the design concepts and it just sitting there clicking for a minute with 1/2 a deck hanging out is just odd to me. This seems like a shuffler made by someone who doesn't play cards rather than fixing an idea (even tho I'm sure it's shuffling is better than some options)

The design aesthetics are mind blogging to me.

Nah. It's more I don't get the design concepts and it just sitting there clicking for a minute with 1/2 a deck hanging out is just odd to me. This seems like a shuffler made by someone who doesn't play cards rather than fixing an idea (even tho I'm sure it's shuffling is better than some options)

The design aesthetics are mind blogging to me.
You don't like having to tilt the deck up out of the weird little catch pan thing and flashing the bottom card to folks?

You don't like having to tilt the deck up out of the weird little catch pan thing and flashing the bottom card to folks?
I've never had that problem. I got my shuffle tech on a cabinet behind me, just grab and slap on the felt, recut on a cut card, and away we go.

Oh, I don't use the bottom little catch pan, you can have the finished deck come to the top when done.

I've never had that problem. I got my shuffle tech on a cabinet behind me, just grab and slap on the felt, recut on a cut card, and away we go.

Oh, I don't use the bottom little catch pan, you can have the finished deck come to the top when done.
Sorry, I meant the half ass prototype in the video. The one that looks like it was built by...
Steven Spielberg Pain GIF

If only it didn't deal to save a few bucks and actually worked well this thing would sell like crazy.

They claim that it shuffles a single deck in ~1:00, but in the video it is actually just a bit shy of 1:50 (not including loading and unloading).

Two minutes is a long time to wait for the cards in a typical game...

They claim that it shuffles a single deck in ~1:00, but in the video it is actually just a bit shy of 1:50 (not including loading and unloading).

Two minutes is a long time to wait for the cards in a typical game...

I wouldn't worry about the speed aspect very much. The fella in the video specifically states that the model he's doing the demo on is an "alpha" (i.e. basically just a proof of concept device and not even at the beta testing stage yet) which hasn't been optimized for speed at all. I think if everything else about it works as planned then tuning it up to finish the process within 1 minute is probably quite easy.

Instead, I would be much more concerned with the "dealing" aspect that this thing is supposedly able to do. Because if you watch their Kickstarter video at the link below at around the 35 second mark you can see that as the cards get spit out they can have a tendency to kind of go flying right passed each other. And while that may not be a big deal for certain card games, it certainly isn't ideal for poker where it's extremely important to keep straight exactly which dealt card belongs to which player. But, as with all things, time will tell so we'll find out what this thing is truly capable of if - and when - it gets released in spring 2025.

This appears to be 1/10th the product for 1/10th the price. May have a place in some home games

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/francoissteiner/leshuffler/

First let me say that I am completely and totally unaffiliated with these Leshuffler folks. This just came across my Facebook feed as a sponsored post and so I hopped over here to see if anyone had mentioned it yet. I'll also admit that I have personally never used a Shuffle Tech or any automated shuffling device, so I'm in absolutely no position to know whether these things are even worth their fairly high cost or not. But I read their full Kickstarter proposal and thought it sounded kind of cool, so I figured I'd share it with all y'all to get your thoughts. My house isn't very conducive to hosting so I'm not really their target demographic, but if I had $600.00 just burning a hole in my pocket I'd probably still back the project. LOL

View attachment 1383575
Hello Bikshu,
I am Francois, the creator of LeShuffler - I discovered your post by chance, thank you for your interest!
I just registered to the forum, so that I could answer any question or take any feedback you all might have about the machine.
Let me know your thoughts.
All the best,
Francois

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom