Looking for help with my Deckmate 1 issues (1 Viewer)

LadiesPlay2

Waiting List
Reaction score
I have a deckmate 1 that’s acting strangely. Hoping someone can help me reset the thing. When you turn the power on the green light doesn’t come on, so I have to open the lid manually. When I place the deck inside it immediately shoots a single card to the other side, and says jammed. When remove the cards and place back inside it works perfectly. Green light comes on when it’s finished, and the lid operates correctly.
Somebody save me lol! It’s making me crazy.
Appreciate some help sincerely

@minedelta is definitely the man and will probably jump in with better answers.

I had the same original question you did about green light not turning on when you power on. Go to the Manual link in the first page of the Deckmate 1 Guide. On page 9 it has a setup. In the first menu you have to pick Poker. That will get the green light to come on when you turn the machine on.

The jamming may or may not be related. I think @minedelta will tell you the first step to try to make sure it doesn't jam is to get the separator plate to the right height for your cards. The instructions for that are on page 18 of the Manual.

I had the same original question you did about green light not turning on when you power on. Go to the Manual link in the first page of the Deckmate 1 Guide. On page 9 it has a setup. In the first menu you have to pick Poker. That will get the green light to come on when you turn the machine on.

The jamming may or may not be related. I think @minedelta will tell you the first step to try to make sure it doesn't jam is to get the separator plate to the right height for your cards. The instructions for that are on page 18 of the Manual.
Wire harness 4….always.

Can we get a video of the error?

Youtube is the best place to upload.it and share the link here.

I believe I did this correctly. Any insight is surely appreciated. I did download the service manual but I couldn’t figure out my specific issues.

The steps below will fix the first problem. Hold Red button when you turn it on until Setup Menu, let go of red button, press green button to move to first menu (Select Game), hit red button until it says Poker, then press green button to move to next menu. I don't know how to get out of the Setup menu so I usually just turn it off after I get past the step I need (in your case selecting Poker). When turn it back on it will remember that setting. You are currently on Single Deck. On the Poker setting the green light will come on after you turn it on.

No clue on the second problem about it pushing one card through the first time you put them in.

1726017829693.png

The error message you are getting is the last one on the list below in Troubleshooting. It seems like if there was a faulty sensor or broken harness it would keep happening, but it seems to clear after the first time you put cards in. After you remove the cards and put back in and it shuffles, what happens on the next shuffle? Does it keep working? Or do you still get the error message sometimes?

1726019697082.png

You were absolutely right! Thank you so much

The steps below will fix the first problem. Hold Red button when you turn it on until Setup Menu, let go of red button, press green button to move to first menu (Select Game), hit red button until it says Poker, then press green button to move to next menu. I don't know how to get out of the Setup menu so I usually just turn it off after I get past the step I need (in your case selecting Poker). When turn it back on it will remember that setting. You are currently on Single Deck. On the Poker setting the green light will come on after you turn it on.

No clue on the second problem about it pushing one card through the first time you put them in.

View attachment 1386430
I appreciate you walking me through it, I feel a little silly now thank you again!

So the issue is resolved?

Where in Texas are you from? Welcome to the forums btw!

Yeah if this solution of changing your game to poker helped. I have done this on accident before as well. It actually is really great when you have the lid off and working on the rollers but the mode was probably blackjack mode because the tops don't have doors and you just drop the cards in after play and it shuffles it as it receives cards.

1000011937.jpg

@buckeye09076
Only been a Deckmate owner for 2 months and solving people's issues! Nice job!

Last edited:
So the issue is resolved?

Where in Texas are you from? Welcome to the forums btw!

Yeah if this solution of changing your game to poker helped. I have done this on accident before as well. It actually is really great when you have the lid off and working on the rollers but the mode was probably blackjack mode because the tops don't have doors and you just drop the cards in after play and it shuffles it as it receives cards.

View attachment 1386474

@buckeye09076
Only been a Deckmate owner for 2 months and solving people's issues! Nice job!
Yes Sir, @minedelta. I found this forum based on a Google search and found your thread and signed up. Apologies if I’m not following etiquette. I’m new to this.

I have a dm1 that goes into auto setup as soon as I turn on. Halfway thru it will Red light with message saying “shuffle aborted” no jam and the deck is split between the feeder and the elevator. I remove the feeder cards, push red button to raise platform then put the deck back together and repeat. Same error over and over. Any insight?

I have a dm1 that goes into auto setup as soon as I turn on. Halfway thru it will Red light with message saying “shuffle aborted” no jam and the deck is split between the feeder and the elevator. I remove the feeder cards, push red button to raise platform then put the deck back together and repeat. Same error over and over. Any insight?

What cards are you using? Have you tried a different deck? How long have you had this issue? Have you tested all your senors?

This maybe something I will have to work on physically.

Wow two new members on the same day with a Deckmate issues.

Last edited:
Yes Sir, @minedelta. I found this forum based on a Google search and found your thread and signed up. Apologies if I’m not following etiquette. I’m new to this.
No apologize needed. Welcome to the PCF world. Yeah I created the Deckmate guide to unite US owners together and to help each other out. It's been wild to see how many people find my post on Google. The amount of people I chatted on the phone with. I even video called a guy to help with his issues.

Now I'm really trying to convert a lot more people over by selling Deckmates here.

Last edited:

I believe I did this correctly. Any insight is surely appreciated. I did download the service manual but I couldn’t figure out my specific issues.
Oh Hey another thing, your rollers look pretty bad. Have you cleaned them with isopropyl alcohol yet? If all your rollers look like that rear one I would think about maybe getting some fresh ones. $800 for a new kit of all the rollers or if you want to piece buy them you can off of eBay.

What cards are you using? Have you tried a different deck? How long have you had this issue? Have you tested all your senors?

This maybe something I will have to work on physically.

Wow two new members on the same day with a Deckmate issues.
Not sure how to test all the sensors. I can’t even bypass the “auto setup”. Soon as I cut on the Dm1 it goes straight to auto setup

I am trying to fix a DM1 for a friend and am a little stumped. The deck loaded sensor (wire harness 10) detects the deck but then almost immediately loses detection. Drop the deck in and the VFD will say "shuffling" but then goes back to saying "load cards". Sometimes it will move a card or two before it loses detection and then accurately display the amount of cards it thinks are missing. Sometimes, but rarely, it just works. I have replaced the sensor, tested the harness and even tried making a harness to rule that out. I do not believe that the issue is in the sensor or harness. The indicator light on the sensor itself shows that the sensor is detecting but the signal transmission is failing somewhere. I have measured the voltage output of the sensor which shows 3.3V at initial detection but then drops to slightly below 3V. This drop in output corresponds directly with the loss of detection in the system. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

I am trying to fix a DM1 for a friend and am a little stumped. The deck loaded sensor (wire harness 10) detects the deck but then almost immediately loses detection. Drop the deck in and the VFD will say "shuffling" but then goes back to saying "load cards". Sometimes it will move a card or two before it loses detection and then accurately display the amount of cards it thinks are missing. Sometimes, but rarely, it just works. I have replaced the sensor, tested the harness and even tried making a harness to rule that out. I do not believe that the issue is in the sensor or harness. The indicator light on the sensor itself shows that the sensor is detecting but the signal transmission is failing somewhere. I have measured the voltage output of the sensor which shows 3.3V at initial detection but then drops to slightly below 3V. This drop in output corresponds directly with the loss of detection in the system. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!
So you are a third person with an issue? If you can share a video like the first poster.

Hmm you said you already tried a new wire and new sensor?

The main way I pinpoint problems with the Deckmates is I used parts from a working one.

This looks like to me your card in card out sensor is bad. Have you tried making a jumper cable to close the sensor manually? I know this works for the door and you would think it would work for a card sensor detector.

If this doesn't help if you guys pay for shipping both ways I can take a look at it and swap parts back and forth until I figure it out.

1726199724460.png

Hmm you said you already tried a new wire and new sensor?

The main way I pinpoint problems with the Deckmates is I used parts from a working one.

This looks like to me your card in card out sensor is bad. Have you tried making a jumper cable to close the sensor manually? I know this works for the door and you would think it would work for a card sensor detector.

If this doesn't help if you guys pay for shipping both ways I can take a look at it and swap parts back and forth until I figure it out.

View attachment 1387339
It's definitely not the sensor or the harness. I've just tried connecting it to an independent power supply through the original harness. In that condition the signal voltage output is very steady and consistent at around 3.8V with 5V in. It is only when it is connected to the board that there are issues. I've measured the voltage of the pin on the board and it fluctuates but it sits around 3.4V. I have also confirmed that the power pin is at 5V. When the sensor is connected that pin sits around 125mV. So, the sensor is pulling that pin down when it is not detecting. I have discovered that when I supply 3.8V directly to the pin on the board from an external power supply the machine will operate, run through all the cards and then state "too many cards" because the sensor pin is still being activated. It seems there is some kind of voltage leak somewhere or something. Now, that I've done a little more testing it seems that the sensor tries to output around 3.8V but then the board pin is pulling it down below the threshold for action.

There's got to be something about this pin holding 3.4V. If I am looking for a replacement part it might be the board in my 3rd video.

You have adjusted the thickness of the cards already right? This shouldn't be related to what you are describing.

If it was me I would swap the boards out with my working deckmate to see if I get the same issue. If it does start to work we can chalk it up as a bad board and try to get you a replacement.

This is an issue I haven't ran across yet and I felt like I solved a bunch of issue before.

You have adjusted the thickness of the cards already right? This shouldn't be related to what you are describing.

If it was me I would swap the boards out with my working deckmate to see if I get the same issue. If it does start to work we can chalk it up as a bad board and try to get you a replacement.

This is an issue I haven't ran across yet and I felt like I solved a bunch of issue before.
I haven't adjusted the card thickness but it shouldn't be related. Mechanical operation is perfect. I'll keep tinkering and share anything that I learn but of course I was hoping you had seen this before.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom