Michigan charity poker room table (1 Viewer)

iLovePoker

Sitting Out
Reaction score
I bought this used poker table and set of chips for a home game setup that’s still in the works. They were previously owned by a charity poker room in Michigan that has since closed.

The table is missing a cup holder and is a little dirty. The biggest issue though is a stain in the middle. It doesn’t look like a drink stain, it looks more like the color has faded, as if someone left it in the sun or something.

table 2.jpeg

table 1.jpeg

table 3.jpeg

table 4.jpeg

Is there a way to fix it?

I was thinking about just getting one of those poker mats. But I couldn't find anything that would fit the table's dimensions exactly. It is 96" x 43". Also, a mat would cover those cool logos, which is not ideal.

I remember this room, was in N. Oakland county I think. I would just refelt it if it was me. Maybe buy some suited speed cloth on eBay. A mat would cover up cupholders which might be a good thing!

That is not a stain, it is the scene of a crime... :LOL: :laugh:

Seriously, that table needs a full rehab. Have you tried to track down the owners to see if maybe they could/would give you access to the Parrott artwork or tell you who designed it? Might be a long shot but worth a call or two if you really like that design. You get that and the rest is easy. Plenty of people around here could do custom felt, mats, speed cloths etc. for you w/ the artwork. Here is an (admittedly dated) article with the then names of the owners (and even a phone number):

https://lakeorionreview.com/parrot-poker-deals-players-charities-a-winning-hand/

If it was a charity they had to do public filings so you could probably find whoever was running it last with a little digging.

Another option is if the name of the table manufacturer is on the table call and see if they still have the artwork and will reproduce but they would probably want permission from someone.

The biggest issue though is a stain in the middle. It doesn’t look like a drink stain, it looks more like the color has faded, as if someone left it in the sun or something.

Just looks completely worn out, same place as the dealer shuffles.

Rail looks in fairly good nick so with a refurb you could get a fairly decent budget table. You could keep the cup holders or fill them in as you recloth, a new set wouldn't cost much if they need replacing (to ensure they're all the same). If you don't need the drop slot you could fill that in as well.

I remember this room, was in N. Oakland county I think. I would just refelt it if it was me. Maybe buy some suited speed cloth on eBay. A mat would cover up cupholders which might be a good thing!
I have never been! Thank you, but I couldn't find a poker mat for a 96" table anywhere unfortunately.

That is not a stain, it is the scene of a crime... :LOL: :laugh:

Seriously, that table needs a full rehab. Have you tried to track down the owners to see if maybe they could/would give you access to the Parrott artwork or tell you who designed it? Might be a long shot but worth a call or two if you really like that design. You get that and the rest is easy. Plenty of people around here could do custom felt, mats, speed cloths etc. for you w/ the artwork. Here is an (admittedly dated) article with the then names of the owners (and even a phone number):

https://lakeorionreview.com/parrot-poker-deals-players-charities-a-winning-hand/

If it was a charity they had to do public filings so you could probably find whoever was running it last with a little digging.

Another option is if the name of the table manufacturer is on the table call and see if they still have the artwork and will reproduce but they would probably want permission from someone.
Haha yeah, it does look a little crime scene-ish. It is a great idea to look up the owners! I actually just found them, and I'm going to reach out to them right now.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom