Milling Info / Recommendation (1 Viewer)

robhinton

Pair
Reaction score
Good Afternoon Everyone. Need some advice or guidance. I thinking I "need" some chips for a small one table cash game we have occasionally. I picked these up a while back and I believe I would need them milled before adding labels to avoid stacking issues, etc. Is that correct? If so, can anyone recommend someone who they had a good experience with from the forum? I am not at all familiar with the process, cost, etc. Juts trying to gather info and see if its worth pursuing. I appreciate any help.

Attachments

• cashchips.jpg
    cashchips.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 75
You don't need to mill them. You can either over-label them, or murder them (remove the existing inlay and then add your label).

You don't need to mill them. You can either over-label them, or murder them (remove the existing inlay and then add your label).
Thanks for replying. Amateur questions i know ... You think there is enough recess to overlay? ... I looked around for removing inlay and did not see a best practice ... did I miss it or any advice?

Depends on the chip and the inlay, I think. But I believe people who go the overlabel route need to buy unlaminated labels because otherwise they are too thick.

Thanks for replying. Amateur questions i know ... You think there is enough recess to overlay? ... I looked around for removing inlay and did not see a best practice ... did I miss it or any advice?
RHC, just overlay with a gear vinyl label without lamination and it should be thin enough that you get no spinners.

Thanks everyone. I think that is where i would run into issues. If I do put something together, I like the idea of the holographic option and I am pretty sure they are thicker in size. Sounds like i need to figure out how to remove inlays .. which is what I initially thought milling was for lol

Thanks everyone. I think that is where i would run into issues. If I do put something together, I like the idea of the holographic option and I am pretty sure they are thicker in size. Sounds like i need to figure out how to remove inlays .. which is what I initially thought milling was for lol
You'd want to get those hand removed and not milled. Gear can assist you with that also.

Your chips have two different sized labels. Overlabel with a non laminated sticker would fix that, and you do have enough recess.

If you want laminated you can remove the labels by hand, but those HSI 1a’s are going to need to be milled or you are going to have to order multiple sizes of labels, just more cost for each setup.

Yes ... i see the current labels are different and I would want to have a consistent size using up the entire recessed area.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom