Musky Jacks (3 Viewers)

Cratty

Pair
Reaction score
Grandfather who passed away last weekend (Jack), who was a life long fisherman and was always chasing the next Musky.

Going to be spending some time going through thousands of lures to find the right ones to inspire the set.. but already finding some good early potentials.

One pile (of many) tackle boxes:

1000010593.jpg

Some initial lures:
1000010587.jpg

1000010588.jpg

1000010589.jpg

1000010590.jpg

1000010591.jpg

1000010592.jpg

Last edited:
Grandfather who passed away last weekend (Jack), who was a life long fisherman and was always chasing the next Musky.

Going to be spending some time going through thousands of lures to find the right ones to inspire the set.. but already finding some good early potentials.

One pile (of many) tackle boxes:

View attachment 1351581

Some initial lures:
View attachment 1351596
View attachment 1351598
View attachment 1351608
View attachment 1351609
View attachment 1351610
View attachment 1351612
I've caught so many pike and musky on those Buchers along with Grandmas and Suicks.

Good times.

You'll be shocked at what those lures are worth these days.

Oh man! Land O Lakes. You must be just over the WI border in the UP.

...I actually had that keyed in one of my designs for the northwoods. ...My kids LOVE the Black Oak lake beach. ...best beach in Wisconsin.

The cottage we stay at is around the Minocqua/Lac Du Flambeau area - so going with one of those. might Might even go with Boulder Junction, as we love that area as well.

Your chip/design concept is dead-nuts awesome...

Oh man! Land O Lakes. You must be just over the WI border in the UP.

...I actually had that keyed in one of my designs for the northwoods. ...My kids LOVE the Black Oak lake beach. ...best beach in Wisconsin.

The cottage we stay at is around the Minocqua/Lac Du Flambeau area - so going with one of those. might Might even go with Boulder Junction, as we love that area as well.

Your chip/design concept is dead-nuts awesome...
Heck yeah, we're likely going to head over to Minocqua tomorrow and hit Alexander's up for some pizza. Not the same as the one that closed a few years back in Eagle River, but my kids love it still.

Our cabin is on Lac Vieux Desert.. actually made a previous chip of it. Inlay:

1000009787.png

Last edited:
I haven't had their pizza yet. That'll be on the docket for our next Minocqua visit. :)

Our whole family highly recommends Black Bear Bar on HWY 70....

https://maps.app.goo.gl/BfrZX4c3jmCGYp7F7

.....Great pizza. Great wings/chicken tenders with the best damn ranch dressing we've ever had. FFFF....it's so good. Great vibe. And man, the dinner rush is always packed. ...very kid friendly. Our kiddos are 10 and 12.

A few years ago, we almost bought a cottage on Landing Lake - one of the best properties I've seen in a LONG time - spent too much time hemming and hawing over it, and someone swooped it up. ...I'm going to kick myself over this one for the rest of my life. The cottage wasn't entirely great - it would have been fine as is - but the property was.... it's what I see when I think of when it come to the northwoods... The Land of Sky Blue Waters...

The lake views were among the best I've seen.

Screenshot 2024-07-02 at 12.23.26 PM.png

So...we're still on the prowl for a good spot.

have one lake with a raw fully wooded lakefront lot for $600K, and about 2000 ft away, around the corner, is a finished move-in ready beautiful log home with walkout basement, dock, four car garage for $950K, great lake views, on our favorite fishing and paddling lakes. The lakefront lot price is blowing my mind.

Did produce your Cratty House Poker chips? Love the name of your lake.

...I'll be posting an update to my Northwoods Hideaway chips in a bit. Looking to go the Tina Hybrid route now - so re-working the chip colors and spot design right now.

Yeah, amazing how prices are climbing these days.

Yeah, I produced the set in a Tina group buy a couple months back.. should be in in the next few weeks. Samples from Tina:
1000010322.jpg

And saw those northwoods hideaway chips, excited to see where you take them!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom