Musky Jacks (1 Viewer)

And submitted. Thanks all!
Mockup.png

Thanks! I do need to slow down some, my wife and kids are not happy with all the poker chip talk over the past couple months. Ha

I think I finally have my wife's OK with a custom set. ...She used to be a design company account exec, and now is a digital asset product manager. She knows good design, and we've been going back and forth over my two chip set designs. ...Really likes where my Northwoods is netting out, and seems pretty excited about ordering the set. LOL

I was originally thinking CPC, but the sample chips I received, dings and flaws, leave me lacking confidence - especially for the price, and if 1/4 to 1/3 - shit. Even if 10% of the set showed up with the same flaws, I'd be rather pissed - so looking at other options.

Last edited:
And submitted. Thanks all!
View attachment 1354264
Any reasons the blue isn’t the $1 and the yellow is 50 cents? Also green usually is $25.

Just some last minute feedback, completely ignore if u wish! Colors and denoms are totally up to yourself. Just mentioning what is “standard”.

Clever idea and you nailed it.

I was originally thinking CPC, but the sample chips I received, dings and flaws, leave me lacking confidence - especially for the price, and if 1/4 to 1/3 of the set showed up with the same flaws, I'd be rather pissed - so looking at other options.
I won’t try to swing you one way or the other, but I’d just say don’t base condition solely on the samples unless you’ve done your own testing to them.

I believe many people have received CPC samples with imperfections like that, but it would be considered an abnormality to have that happen to a large portion of chips during the production run of a set.

I’m also probably one of the few people here that regrets their CPC set, but it wasn’t in any way related to the quality of the chips.

I do really like the set design, it’ll look great wherever it ends up being made!

Any reasons the blue isn’t the $1 and the yellow is 50 cents? Also green usually is $25.

Just some last minute feedback, completely ignore if u wish! Colors and denoms are totally up to yourself. Just mentioning what is “standard”.

Clever idea and you nailed it.
Yeah, I definitely deviated from standard chip colors and bucked the $25 for $20 just given smaller stakes of the family games. If I ever made the set larger (expanding to higher denoms), I'd likely rerack to get closer to normal colors/denoms.

I also plan to gift a set of chips (~500) to the cabin for general use (lots of fisherman, family float in/out). Poker has always been a big game played in my family... but the current house chips made me shudder.. so not really working with people that care much about denoms/colors. LOL
1720447958700.png

I won’t try to swing you one way or the other, but I’d just say don’t base condition solely on the samples unless you’ve done your own testing to them.

I believe many people have received CPC samples with imperfections like that, but it would be considered an abnormality to have that happen to a large portion of chips during the production run of a set.

I’m also probably one of the few people here that regrets their CPC set, but it wasn’t in any way related to the quality of the chips.

I do really like the set design, it’ll look great wherever it ends up being made!

As an independent business owner myself, I supposed my contention is; if you're sending out samples trying to inspire people to purchase your product, you'd think they'd put your best foot forward, and send the best damn samples you can produce. And yes. I've seen some incredible photos of finished CPC that are pretty jaw dropping. I have the color samples box and other printed samples, The color sample set really looks nothing like the glossy photos posted here - so there's hesitation #2.

Just note. Me being hesitant doesn't mean I won't order from CPC - it's just a gut hurdle I need to get over... and for me that can take some time. LOL In the meantime, I'm still considering other options....

As an independent business owner myself, I supposed my contention is; if you're sending out samples trying to inspire people to purchase your product, you'd think they'd put your best foot forward, and send the best damn samples you can produce. And yes. I've seen some incredible photos of finished CPC that are pretty jaw dropping. I have the color samples box and other printed samples, The color sample set really looks nothing like the glossy photos posted here - so there's hesitation #2.

Just note. Me being hesitant doesn't mean I won't order from CPC - it's just a gut hurdle I need to get over... and for me that can take some time. LOL In the meantime, I'm still considering other options....
Several people have complained about the quality of CPC chips but the imperfections r common and just kinda goes w the territory. Even recent Thc Paulsons had inlay issues.

I was originally thinking CPC, but the sample chips I received, dings and flaws, leave me lacking confidence - especially for the price, and if 1/4 to 1/3 - shit. Even if 10% of the set showed up with the same flaws, I'd be rather pissed - so looking at other options.

CPC makes a great product, don't let the samples fool you. You will also get a few extras of each denomination for free, which will help in the event of losses or damage.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom