My Glorious, Golden, Trophy of Accomplishment and Victory (2 Viewers)

Believe it or not I had been planning for the moment and did ham it up for the camera moments after live TV cut away. I was rewarded with having my celebration used in promo videos on MASN commercials and in game pump up videos for the rest of the season. All season long friends would text me pictures of it. It was funny...
Just came across this thread. This is one of the coolest things ever...you spend your childhood just dreaming of catching a homerun ball. There are some bucket list items that money can’t buy, awesome!

Thanks for the bump, cool thread!

Joe retired before spring training this year. He wasn't perfect (he did have more mistakes in the last few years), but he had a fantastic voice. I'll definitely miss him.

Towards the end of his career Dave Niehaus wasn’t quite as sharp as he was when he was in his prime-which was every year except the last couple. it annoyed some people and they would love to point it out when they called in to sports radio.

He also could get you excited for a few seconds then snap you back to the grind that is mariners baseball- “....he’s hitting .389 this year when he’s ahead in the count and is on fire lately. 3-1 pitch onthe way to Yuniesky *crack* AND ITS A HIGH FLY BALL THAT THING IS BELTED annnnnnd the shortstop makes the catch in shallow left to end the inning. The M’s strand three and we go to the top of the third the A’s 9 and the Mariners nothing...” And that definitely annoyed some people.

But holy crap I would love to go back to the days of Niehaus calling Ms games. I can’t get his voice out of my head when I listen to games on the radio. You sure as hell don’t know what you have until it’s gone far too many times and I definitely took him for granted.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom