Neighbor threw these away. Are these any good? (1 Viewer)

Cahouseplant

Reaction score
Hi everyone! New to this forum. Neighbor threw these out and they felt quite nice, so I took them in. They were a heavy haul. 318 total chips weighing 9 grams each (107 whites, 79 reds, 79 greens, 43 browns, and 10 blacks). What are these chips? Are they worth keeping?

Thank you for helping this novice make sense of these!
IMG_7477.jpeg

Hi everyone! New to this forum. Neighbor threw these out and they felt quite nice, so I took them in. They were a heavy haul. 318 total chips weighing 9 grams each (107 whites, 79 reds, 79 greens, 43 browns, and 10 blacks). What are these chips? Are they worth keeping?

Thank you for helping this novice make sense of these!
View attachment 1351916

You should ask what other chips they have!

What are these chips? Are they worth keeping?

T.R. King - @Okku made a nice little history of the company and these chips:

Certainly worth keeping if you like them, classic old school clay chips by a manufacturer no longer in business. Classic Poker Chips now owns this mold (Small Crown) but uses a quite different recipe for the material/manufacturing process.

Or if you want a quick few bucks, you could unload them pretty easily.

Nice find!

Thanks everyone for your comments haha! Just took a closer look at the case and there’s a very worn sticker confirming that they are T.R. King chips! It is also dated, “1989”, and says “66th anniversary”. Is that significant? Based on this information, any clue as to whether these are leaded or not? What’s the difference between leaded and non-leaded chips in the collectors’ community? If leaded, are the chips toxic to touch?

Weight for 10 chips is 87 grams, if my scale is accurate

Thanks everyone for your comments haha! Just took a closer look at the case and there’s a very worn sticker confirming that they are T.R. King chips! It is also dated, “1989”, and says “66th anniversary”. Is that significant? Based on this information, any clue as to whether these are leaded or not? What’s the difference between leaded and non-leaded chips in the collectors’ community? If leaded, are the chips toxic to touch?

There is a search option that has a lot of FAQ.

You’d have to turn them into small chunks or dust and eat it for it to really take you out. If you use normal hand washing habits you’ll be fine.

I can only answer some of these questions that about lead. These chips are most certainly leaded, just not sure the percentage. Leaded and non-leaded chips have a different sound and feeling, and people do have some crave on leaded chips. They are not toxic to touch and play with since the lead will only affects you when you breathe them in or taste them. While washing your hand after playing is highly recommend since there might be some wear and tears on these leaded chips.

Lesson of the story here ...... Get to know your neighbors better. If one of my neighbors wanted to get rid of poker chips, they already know to give them to me instead of throwing them out.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom