New Member Check In (1 Viewer)

OldSchool

Waiting List
Reaction score
Greetings all. New member who's been stalking the forum for a while. I'm not nearly as serious as many of you are, but I bought my first set of clay chips from ASM a few moons back (Roman 312s) and recently did a DSQ add-on to fix my denominations a bit. Not sure how active I'll be here though will continue to seek any 312 blanks that may be about. Mainly, I joined today so I could inform the forum that DSQ are shipping now (which I'll post on the 'what's shipping' thread). Thanks in advance for putting up with me!

Hello and welcome!
It‘s always nice when new chips arrive.
They may be dusty/chalky.
Oiling brings the color up!

Hello and welcome!
It‘s always nice when new chips arrive.
They may be dusty/chalky.
Oiling brings the color up!
Thanks! I never oiled my original ASMs and just let usage clean them up, but I'm definitely exploring it. I found the Chip Maintenance forum but the main thread looks to be china clays. I'll keep looking but if you know the 'right' method on them, I'd welcome a lead / link on it it...

Thanks! I never oiled my original ASMs and just let usage clean them up, but I'm definitely exploring it. I found the Chip Maintenance forum but the main thread looks to be china clays. I'll keep looking but if you know the 'right' method on them, I'd welcome a lead / link on it it..
First time oiling chips feels a bid weird, but it worth it!
There are many advice here ‚oiling chips right‘ etc…
I take a rack, soak a micro fleece towel with mineral oil and rub the rolling edge of the chips.
Then spread them out 1-2days to absorb the oil.

If you oil them more regular, just wipe on and off a bit of oil.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom