Oversized chips (2 Viewers)

I am approaching this as a total newbie, so I have a question - in addition to a group buy design having denominations, is it possible to have a non-denominated option which (instead of being a group buy with a couple of chips without denoms) becomes a group buy where you can pick either denom or non-denom for each chip?

Does that make sense? I guess I have no idea how it works so I don't know how easy/practical that would be. I guess I'm asking if it's possible for each chip in the group buy to have either denoms or non-denoms, and whether pricing/numbers would make that impractical.

There is also another 43mm hybrid project currently in the works -- direct from Sun-Fly, so prices should be in the 60c/chip range -- offering two totally different designs plus blanks. Public announcement should be coming soon.

Cool. Looking forward seeing what will be offered.

I am approaching this as a total newbie, so I have a question - in addition to a group buy design having denominations, is it possible to have a non-denominated option which (instead of being a group buy with a couple of chips without denoms) becomes a group buy where you can pick either denom or non-denom for each chip?

Does that make sense? I guess I have no idea how it works so I don't know how easy/practical that would be. I guess I'm asking if it's possible for each chip in the group buy to have either denoms or non-denoms, and whether pricing/numbers would make that impractical.
Depends a lot on the specific design and chip construction, although sometimes low order numbers can kill off a specific option, even when offered.

Some previous group buys have offered some or all chips also as blanks, which could be labeled however the purchaser desired (obviously doesn't work with printed ceramics).

But I'd say generally speaking, no..... what you propose is twice as many chip options, requiring twice the amount of artwork (and associated costs), twice the amount of order management work, and typically twice the setup costs for the manufacturer (depending on chip type)... and at least twice the opportunities for errors to occur somewhere along the way (ordering, manufacturing, reshipping, etc.).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom