Paulson pharaoh chips (1 Viewer)

PokerLegend

Two Pair
Reaction score
Hey. I had someone make a comment about my chips being possibly leaded. Just seeing if anyone could tell or knows. My kids will be getting into poler soon and I’m sure these are more fun chips. Is there any danger in leaded chips

Attachments

• IMG_4810.jpeg
    IMG_4810.jpeg
    205.1 KB · Views: 115
They likely aren't leaded if the earliest production date is in the early 2000's.
There are people on this site who took part in the original GB, so they can chime in, but I think the 1st round in 2005 and the second was in 2009.

I found this PR release document, wasn't sure about posting an outside link so I took a screen shot.

Like I said there are people here with first hand knowledge of this situation so I default to them but this is what I found.

1713198888788.png

Last edited:
Sure wish I was into poker when Paulson was selling to the home market. Really wish they would again one day

Wow - never seen any of the 2nd Paulson release!
Nice $100 with Pharao‘s mold.

Wow - never seen any of the 2nd Paulson release!
Nice $100 with Pharao‘s mold.

The original run was on the Paulson mold, then they ran it on the suites mold (I think pips mold is the official name). So that "Pharaohs" mold was not produced by Paulson for the home market, only the China clay replicas have that type of mold. This is why you have never seen any like that. Would have been cool if they did a Pharaohs house mold on a Paulson chip.

Pips mold (I call them suites mold cuz pips feels silly)
FYI I think this mold in better than that Paulson advertising mold in every way possible.
1713269598284.png

Paulson mold
1713269752391.png

China Clay not made by Paulson on a "house mold" i guess I would call it.

1713269860420.png

The original run was on the Paulson mold, then they ran it on the suites mold (I think pips mold is the official name). So that "Pharaohs" mold was not produced by Paulson for the home market, only the China clay replicas have that type of mold. This is why you have never seen any like that. Would have been cool if they did a Pharaohs house mold on a Paulson chip.

Pips mold (I call them suites mold cuz pips feels silly)
FYI I think this mold in better than that Paulson advertising mold in every way possible.
View attachment 1312827

Paulson mold
View attachment 1312828

China Clay not made by Paulson on a "house mold" i guess I would call it.

View attachment 1312829
Thanks for clarification!
Ok - so the Paulsons with the Pharaoh‘s mold were never produced - that‘s why i never saw these…

I had a set with the house mold for years, saw once these green NCVs (pips/suits mold), and the CCs were never of interest.

Are there more/other pics of the never produced chips?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom