For Sale Paulson Top Hat and Cane "Pharaoh's" - 1,000 piece set (9 Viewers)

I didn't think much of it when i first saw the post, but what does this mean exactly?

Well, the OP offered...
Also open to alternative escrow from trusted member if it makes more sense.
And I said I would assist with that. That is, if anyone wanted to use a trusted member as escrow.

Escrow is a service where a third party would hold the funds for the buyer and seller until the goods are delivered.

In this case, the buyer would send the money to me first. I would hold the money on behalf of the seller.
Then the seller would ship the chips to the buyer.
After the the chips are delivered, I send the money to the seller.
The seller ends up with the money, the buyer ends up with the chips. Process complete.

If the seller never sends the chips, I would simply send the money back to the buyer.

Escrow works when both the buyer and the seller trust the person acting as escrow, but the buyer and seller don't necessarily trust each other.

Well, the OP offered...

And I said I would assist with that. That is, if anyone wanted to use a trusted member as escrow.

Escrow is a service where a third party would hold the funds for the buyer and seller until the goods are delivered.

In this case, the buyer would send the money to me first. I would hold the money on behalf of the seller.
Then the seller would ship the chips to the buyer.
After the the chips are delivered, I send the money to the seller.
The seller ends up with the money, the buyer ends up with the chips. Process complete.

If the seller never sends the chips, I would simply send the money back to the buyer.

Escrow works when both the buyer and the seller trust the person acting as escrow, but the buyer and seller don't necessarily trust each other.
wow, thanks for the explanation! that makes sense

This a serious collection! Love the pharaohs 5k and 25k squares! Do those ever come up for sale on here?
They do come up from time to time, but they seem to be the most scarce. Other people might also sell the Chipco Egyptian plaques. These pair really nicely with the pharaoh theme but they are not technically paulson plaques.

Other chippers might have a different take but I'd say $0.25 (blue) pharoahs seem to be the least common then the $1,000 then the $500 or $100. The $25 are the most common (though still rarish) because paulson would have made plenty of these to go with both the T25 tournament sets and the cash sets from $0.25 to $25. I think $1's and $5s would be in the same boat as the $500/$100.

Paulson also made these same chips without denominations on them. The "NCV" ones don't come up too too often either. But the rarest of all are the paulson pharaohs on the card pips mold:

They look like this:
1729737460061.png

Paulson also made these same chips without denominations on them. The "NCV" ones don't come up too too often either. But the rarest of all are the paulson pharaohs on the card pips mold:

They look like this:
View attachment 1408424

That is the exact chip that I've been after for a while now - the green NCV Pharaoh's chip on the 4-Pips mold. A while back a fellow PCFer hooked me up with most of a sample set of these but he had lost his green chip... so I'm one chip short of a complete sample set. One lowly little chip is driving me crazy. The darn thing has become my white whale. LOL!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom