Playing with a UV light (1 Viewer)

Tony_M

Two Pair
Reaction score
I recently bought a small UV flashlight to play around with the chips. VERY cool to see the various security marks and which colors really pop. Was *really* surprised to see the Tina BTP chip spots light up like Times Square. Wasn't expecting that at all.

Does anyone use a UV/blacklight during a game? I'm wondering about getting a large-ish UV LED strip to point at the table. I would leave regular lights on at the same time of course, but thought it might be cool to have a little extra "pop" on the chips from the UV light.

Any thoughts? recommendations?

P.S. - If you are a germaphobe in *any* way, do NOT get one of these bad boys. Luckily my career in sewage plants have inured me any of that but boy, was I surprised at how much lit up around the house. :oops:

Last edited:
Yeah, I’ve gone through a lot of that thread. That’s where I had the idea.

Does anyone use a UV light during a poker game??? Will that work?
The thought of playing under a UV light for more than about two minutes gives me a headache. It's harsh on the eyes naturally, but to be at a table for hours playing cards in that environment would have me finding my way out the door pretty quickly.

It's a card game and not a rave.

The thought of playing under a UV light for more than about two minutes gives me a headache. It's harsh on the eyes naturally, but to be at a table for hours playing cards in that environment would have me finding my way out the door pretty quickly.

It's a card game and not a rave.
That’s what I was thinking.

Again, I’m thinking in addition to, not in place of, regular room lighting. But the answer might still be the same I guess if you think it would still be harsh

Again, I’m thinking in addition to, not in place of, regular room lighting. But the answer might still be the same I guess if you think it would still be harsh
I think it would. Fun for a picture but I'd dislike it after the first hand and this would be a dealbreaker.

I've done what we called 'cosmic poker' with blacklights and lasers and such, and it was fun, but it was not serious poker and folks were more intoxicated than usual. Was a fun way to have a party with poker involved but was more party than poker

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom