Poker player for 20 years, game host for 6 years, forum member for 1 day. (1 Viewer)

Rooke

Reaction score
Hello,

I've heard of this forum from many sources but never joined, but seeing that I just bought a new house and fully intend on making my basement into a poker haven, I figured now is a great time to start working on acquiring some sweet custom poker gear. I am going to start with chips. Looking for something similar to SlowPlay Godel blank chips in its minimalist style. Does anyone have any suggestions on where to find a similar type of poker chip set, or where I can get custom ones made? I prefer no number denominations and 43mm and have certain colors in mind.

Thanks so much!

Attachments

• 61XWsLA60LL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    61XWsLA60LL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 64
First off welcome to PCF :) There's a whole crew of Maryland/VA area peeps I'm sure you'll hear from.

I don't know anything about those chips... but they appear to be of the plastic composite metal slugged variety.

For customs you have many options... custom clays from CPC, you could do a semi-custom thing where you relabel existing chips, or you could get custom ceramics made from @justincarothers or @ABC Gifts and Awards.

Another option is the Bank or Royal chips from Apache... many people have relabeled them with good results.

Welcome to PCF fellow Virginian :cool We host games pretty often too in the Arlington/DC area, so let me know if you're interested! Or vice versa, would love to check out your set up when you're finished

Hello and welcome to PCF! The biggest question is what is your budget and is it cash or tournament? There are some great suggestions above! I personally used Br Pro (same as ABG gifts).

PXL_20240726_005347826.jpg

Hello and welcome to PCF! The biggest question is what is your budget and is it cash or tournament? There are some great suggestions above! I personally used Br Pro (same as ABG gifts).

View attachment 1404256
I would ideally like to spend less than $500 for a set of 500, and want to use them for both cash and tourney, hence the non denomination. BR Pro looks like the best option I've seen so far in terms of the type of flat chip I'm looking for! From the pictures I've seen, they do seem to have a fuzzy haze to them. Is that just an effect of their production process? I don't mind it too much, was just curious.

Welcome! How come you don’t want denominations on your chips?
Is this not a common request? I would imagine its much more sought after option, so that you are free to change how you use them in terms of cash or tourney, without confusion, and so that if I choose to change the color assignments in the future you can do that without having discrepancies in the labeling.

Is this not a common request? I would imagine its much more sought after option, so that you are free to change how you use them in terms of cash or tourney, without confusion, and so that if I choose to change the color assignments in the future you can do that without having discrepancies in the labeling.

My impression is that the majority prefer a denom of some sort. A common way of doing it for those who want only one set to cover both cash and tournament is to have them numbered for tournies and then used for cash also.

I have 5, 25, 100, 500, 1000, 5000 & 25000 and for cash use these to represent 5p, 25p, £1, £5, £10. I've haven't used the biggest two in cash yet but that does give me £50 & £250 if ever they were needed. I much prefer this to no denoms at all.

(I rarely do tournies and cash on the same day but when I do I rack and count all the chips between formats for safety etc)

I would ideally like to spend less than $500 for a set of 500, and want to use them for both cash and tourney, hence the non denomination. BR Pro looks like the best option I've seen so far in terms of the type of flat chip I'm looking for! From the pictures I've seen, they do seem to have a fuzzy haze to them. Is that just an effect of their production process? I don't mind it too much, was just curious.
I think that is just my camera. They are quite crisp in person. Definitely get samples first to make sure that you like them. They have semi-custom and full custom options. You could very easily accomplish what you are looking for with that budget at Br Pro. As for. Common request for non denomination, most would probably recommend getting two different sets. But hey, it's your game so do whatever works for you.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom