Poker table vs table topper? (2 Viewers)

MoarChips

Pair
Reaction score
What do y’all have and do you favor one over the other?
Bonus points for recommendations for something that can be obtained easily in Canada

Thanks. I’d like to make my own table one day and a real nice custom felt. But for now the budget might only allow a table topper. I looked around and the pcf toppers are pretty nice! In the absence of being able to find one would Walmart or Amazon suffice or is the quality of these not worth it?

these toppers are awesome, but very thin for going directly on a dining table. Really designed for going on a folding poker table that has some padding already. If you are using it directly on a dining table get a PCF mat. They are thicker and work great for that.
Do these pcf mats come up for sale on occasion or are they only available used through other pcf’ers at this point?

Do these pcf mats come up for sale on occasion or are they only available used through other pcf’ers at this point?
Check the PCF market to see if Tommy has any left. They come up for sale, also once you have enough posts to be able to post in the classified section you can put up a wanted ad for one.

Check the PCF market to see if Tommy has any left. They come up for sale, also once you have enough posts to be able to post in the classified section you can put up a wanted ad for one.
Oh yes that’s true. Do the wanted ads help? Seems like most people look to add to their collections rather than give away

As they mentioned here, the regular 2mm table toppers are quite thin. It's a little hard to push your thumb into the felt and try to pick up the cards (for riffling/shuffling and gathering the cards).

I found a poker mat that is the exact dimensions as my kitchen table then I got some padded railing. This way the only thing I have to store is the mat and the railing. I don't know if this helps you at all lol

Attachments

• 20240224_224014.jpg
    20240224_224014.jpg
    167.5 KB · Views: 96
  • 20240425_163718.jpg
    20240425_163718.jpg
    158 KB · Views: 92
I found a poker mat that is the exact dimensions as my kitchen table then I got some padded railing. This way the only thing I have to store is the mat and the railing. I don't know if this helps you at all lol
That’s an interesting idea! Nicely done. I just bought a 3mm roll up mat off amazon. It wasn’t crazy expensive so I can try that until im able to find time to build a table. Besides, saving a bit of money for now means I can bug moar chips

How do you secure the railing? Or does it just sit on top?

Thanks. I’d like to make my own table one day and a real nice custom felt. But for now the budget might only allow a table topper. I looked around and the pcf toppers are pretty nice! In the absence of being able to find one would Walmart or Amazon suffice or is the quality of these not worth it?
You could also try Triton Poker Tables’ mats (I’ve used them successfully on larger dinner tables—they are 80” x 38”):

https://www.tritonpokertables.com/products/poker-mats

triton-mat-size_b67b500d-13a1-443e-af8b-ee5aa2bd23ce.jpg

If I recall correctly, these mats are 4 mm thick

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom