Poll: Le Cove Inspired vs. Lakeshore Inn Inspired (3 Viewers)

Which do you like best?

• Total voters
Sorry for the delay @churlbut18, I forgot my sample box was completely buried behind a bunch of stuff we moved for the basement renovation, by the time I got home last night, dug it out and snapped some pictures, it was time for bed. :LOL: :laugh:

Ok so after comparing everything again, I now remember how I came to using imperial blue for my custom chip. Both imperial blue and DG peacock are close to Lakeshore $1, in my opinion DG peacock is probably a hair closer in terms of tint/shade/brightness, and imperial is a hair closer in tone. DG tiger is really close to the blaze orange. The issue is CPC light blue vs. Paulson sky blue:

The sky blue is so bright and clean, it makes CPC light blue look grey. So what I ended up doing was looking at both combinations together:

w/imperial blue

w/DG peacock

I personally found the imperial blue and light blue colors to complement each other much nicer than the DG peacock. Now while I did consider complementing colors from the other chips in the set, I personally place a higher design priority on making the individual chip itself look better. Imperial blue is also one of my favorite colors though, so I'm probably a little biased to start with. :) If CPC had a brighter sky blue, it would have been a much tougher decision. Not to add to the confusion, but I did at one point consider going with bright white instead of light blue, and for those mock ups I preferred DG peacock. But I didn't care for how that chip fit in with the rest of the my set. But I'm really pleased with how it came out:

Forgot to add - do you have a draft inlay yet? When you're getting to this point in fine tuning your colors, the inlay design can sometimes have a really big effect on what looks better.

I like either of these options best so far:

Sorry for the delay @churlbut18, I forgot my sample box was completely buried behind a bunch of stuff we moved for the basement renovation, by the time I got home last night, dug it out and snapped some pictures, it was time for bed. :LOL: :laugh:

Ok so after comparing everything again, I now remember how I came to using imperial blue for my custom chip. Both imperial blue and DG peacock are close to Lakeshore $1, in my opinion DG peacock is probably a hair closer in terms of tint/shade/brightness, and imperial is a hair closer in tone. DG tiger is really close to the blaze orange. The issue is CPC light blue vs. Paulson sky blue:

View attachment 245324

View attachment 245325

The sky blue is so bright and clean, it makes CPC light blue look grey. So what I ended up doing was looking at both combinations together:

w/imperial blue
View attachment 245328

w/DG peacock
View attachment 245329

I personally found the imperial blue and light blue colors to complement each other much nicer than the DG peacock. Now while I did consider complementing colors from the other chips in the set, I personally place a higher design priority on making the individual chip itself look better. Imperial blue is also one of my favorite colors though, so I'm probably a little biased to start with. :) If CPC had a brighter sky blue, it would have been a much tougher decision. Not to add to the confusion, but I did at one point consider going with bright white instead of light blue, and for those mock ups I preferred DG peacock. But I didn't care for how that chip fit in with the rest of the my set. But I'm really pleased with how it came out:

View attachment 245327
So helpful. Great info. I appreciate this very much.

Forgot to add - do you have a draft inlay yet? When you're getting to this point in fine tuning your colors, the inlay design can sometimes have a really big effect on what looks better.

I like either of these options best so far:

View attachment 245335View attachment 245336
LOL... I’m so confused. Neither of these made it to my 5 options in poll #2 but I like these both too...

LOL... I’m so confused. Neither of these made it to my 5 options in poll #2 but I like these both too...

:ROFL: :ROFLMAO: Sorry, sometimes I'm really torn about providing comments/feedback on people's custom design process in fear of making the decision harder. As they say, opinions are like assholes....

At the end of the day - make sure you get what you like.

You don’t care for this out of curiousity?

View attachment 245346

I would slot that in 3rd behind the other two. I like when spots either complement the base colors (light blue/imperial) or really contrast and pop (DG tiger and blue). I'd have to look at my samples to see how the colors jive in person, but I don't care for the DG green spots with the arc yellow base.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom