QQ in SB OOP deepstacked (1 Viewer)

courage

Full House
Reaction score
$1/1 mixed game, the orbit is NLHE. UTG limps, UTG+2 (villain) makes it $12, folds to hero with QsQc who makes it $35. BB and UTG fold. Villain calls. Effective stacks $450, hero covers. HU to flop:

($72) 9h 3s 2c

Villain habitually c-bets a wide range but will usually slow down after a barrel. Also somewhat sticky and calling station. She earlier paid off hero's royal flush and $115 river bet with 9-high flush in 5 Card Omaha. Lots of history between hero and villain, she rarely credits hero with a hand. Villain has certain tells and seems a bit uncomfortable in this hand.

Action on hero. What to do, and what's the plan?

$1/1 mixed game, the orbit is NLHE. UTG limps, UTG+2 (villain) makes it $12, folds to hero with QsQc who makes it $35. BB and UTG fold. Villain calls. Effective stacks $450, hero covers. HU to flop:

($72) 9h 3s 2c

Villain habitually c-bets a wide range but will usually slow down after a barrel. Also somewhat sticky and calling station. She earlier paid off hero's royal flush and $115 river bet with 9-high flush in 5 Card Omaha. Lots of history between hero and villain, she rarely credits hero with a hand. Villain has certain tells and seems a bit uncomfortable in this hand.

Action on hero. What to do, and what's the plan?

Great flop for QQ. You are only behind 3 probable hands. I'm split between a check raise or just firing 75. If she calls it, she could have AA, AK, KK, JJ, J10. Possible flopped set of 9s. If she raises, I would come over the top. I would come over the top of her bet if you check it. No reason to take another card. Take it down before the turn if at all possible.

I agree. Great flop. Without knowing the player well I'm betting in the 60 dollar range.

I don't know why you would want to bomb a flop like this. If I bet, it would $45.

Agreed, I'm betting between $40 and $50. Let her come along with her middling pairs and also give her the wrong price to call with only overs.

Always betting.....never checking.....if villian is a calling station you want to get value from every street......who knows you might get something like 7s or 8s to call you all the way down....
I'd bet something like 50 dollars here if you get raised you can Re evaluate.......
Hero should not be too worried about aces or kings...... a 4 bet is likely with those hands even if villian had last action.....
It is possible, but very unlikely that hero is behind......make a bet and see what happens next

I should have also mentioned it has been a night of tilt for many players at table, hero and villain included. Hero is in game for $800, now rebuilt to $500, stacked 4x, three of which were by fishy players who over-valued their hands when the money went in (yes, this includes villain). Villain is recently tilted by another player but is the beneficiary of a rivered 1-outer, so winner. 3 players have criticized her play since she loves to dish out advice, so she seems to have something to prove, and this is always true vs hero.

Hero is almost certain he has the best hand, but also convinced villain will bet, which can disguise his hand. Hero checks. Villain bets $40. Action?

Well you have a couple options. You can check raise immediately to about $110, or you can flat and go for the bigger check raise on the turn (barring an ace or king). I'd opt for option 2 here.

Hero cannot check this flop ever in a long-running home game (not just with QQ; any hand.) Villain expects a c-bet and we definitely don't want to disappoint when we are near the top of our range. Bet the same amount you would if you had 3-bet with 87 sooted - $40 does the job.

If called I'm firing again on literally every turn (A or K shouldn't be scary in a spot where villain just called a 3-bet and flop bet on 9-high board; a ten or jack would be cause for concern, but not enough to slow us down.) If raised I'm calling and then c/c down most runouts. If she has 99 she's gonna make money, oh well.

I prefer $50 since it could be interpreted as the bluff your opponent appears to see (although I'm thinking you are the She Villain in your talks). When you break out 4 fivers and a quarter, it looks too calculated sometimes so the two $25 chip bet can be seen as a bluff sometimes, if you bet fast.

I don't know why you would want to bomb a flop like this. If I bet, it would $45.

But of all the hands you might 3-bet with, this might be the best one to check in this spot.

I'm shell shocked. I've been getting crushed with QQ lately.

I would have bet $50 otf.
Now that you've checked and it seems like this is a player-dynamics kind of question, I vote that you min-raise her bet because nothing is more annoying and tilt inducing than a check/min-raise.

Any thoughts on what her "open to $12 in a $1 game" range is? That definitely isn't a standard opening size. :p

How likely is she to stack off with TT/JJ in a spot like this? I'll assume "not bloody likely" unless told otherwise.

I'm calling the $40; a c/r is a little too negative-freeroll-y for my taste and lets her get away from all her bad hands. Betting the $40 ourselves would have defined her range a lot more, and defined ours a lot less.

I'm calling the $40; a c/r is a little too negative-freeroll-y for my taste and lets her get away from all her bad hands. Betting the $40 ourselves would have defined her range a lot more, and defined ours a lot less.

Agree with this totally. I guess I could be wrong depending on how bad and sticky she is, but I can't imagine worse than QQ calling three streets after a flop check raise. Prob call once with TT/JJ and maybe A9s and then release.

Well you have a couple options. You can check raise immediately to about $110, or you can flat and go for the bigger check raise on the turn (barring an ace or king). I'd opt for option 2 here.

Nice. I planned for option 2.

I prefer $50 since it could be interpreted as the bluff your opponent appears to see (although I'm thinking you are the She Villain in your talks). When you break out 4 fivers and a quarter, it looks too calculated sometimes so the two $25 chip bet can be seen as a bluff sometimes, if you bet fast.

There were lots of possible lines with this hand and sometimes I use this one, esp vs this type of villain, but it works better with your image. :LOL: :laugh:

Are you calling me a cross-dresser?

Any thoughts on what her "open to $12 in a $1 game" range is? That definitely isn't a standard opening size. :p

How likely is she to stack off with TT/JJ in a spot like this? I'll assume "not bloody likely" unless told otherwise.

Nice. Her range is AT+, yes include small pairs. The bet size is standard or even small for some aggro players in this game who want to thrive in the NL orbits.

She will absolutely stack off with JJ, TT in this spot on a clean board, part of the reason hero took this line.

I agree with the last paragraph, perhaps not with the last sentence. I think the risk of folding out her worse hands on flop was too great.

Hero calls the $40. On to the turn, 8h.

($152) 9h 3s 2c 8h

Action on hero. Villain is showing her hand to her gf standing next to her who is busto and getting ready to leave. No additional reads from looking at busto's face.

Showing the neighbor is usually a bad sign, but if she's leaving anyway maybe there's nothing to it. I'd check with the intention of raising, barring any major tells or bad vibes you pick up.

Showing the neighbor is usually a bad sign, but if she's leaving anyway maybe there's nothing to it. I'd check with the intention of raising, barring any major tells or bad vibes you pick up.

Certainly when they show their hand to someone else it means they have what they perceive to be a good hand. Sometimes they show to steel themselves against the shame of losing a big hand with a "good" holding.

So I could see her show TT or JJ here since sticky fish think that overpairs are straight up the nuts way too often and even when they think they're behind they'll call "to see it."

The SOHEWC the only reader willing to offer an action plan? o_O

With description and history, you can't fold. If villain bets half pot on turn, check raising all in is pot sized.

I don't like that she let gf eye her hand. Could be AA or KK, but could equally be JJ or 1010. Maybe a set of 9s. check

Turn:
($152) 9h 3s 2c 8h

Hero checks. Villain bets $60.

Hero?

Not to backtrack, but Im curious why you guys think the reraise pre-flop to $35 was a good idea. I would probably call her $12 being out of position and see what happens first. In position, sure, Im betting $35, but I probably would have been cautious OOP. What move would be considered good poker?

But at this point, I have no idea. She could have trips, or JJ, KK, AA. Call and pray.

Not to backtrack, but Im curious why you guys think the reraise pre-flop to $35 was a good idea. I would probably call her $12 being out of position and see what happens first. In position, sure, Im betting $35, but I probably would have been cautious OOP. What move would be considered good poker?

But at this point, I have no idea. She could have trips, or JJ, KK, AA. Call and pray.

Either play is viable but I knew I had the best hand and could extract value on a good board. She almost certainly does not have AA or KK as mentioned earlier, she would have 4bet. That's one of the benefits of raising oop, the downside is hero reps a strong range. Partly why I played tricky on flop vs particular villain so she can "sense weakness."

Last edited:
Not to backtrack, but Im curious why you guys think the reraise pre-flop to $35 was a good idea.

Because she will call with worse and, since we are 450 BBs deep, we want to bloat the pot so that when we are able to bet flop/turn/river we are able to go for big value.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom