Retro space theme chips (Arcs) (1 Viewer)

BobCranberry

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Having a bit of fun here with some spare time. Those that are also into their board games may know there's one called Arcs that is just starting to be released. It's a space campaign trick-taking game and the vibe it gives with design and colour choice are amazing. I wanted to see if it would be possible to try and capture some of that in poker chip format.

The designs are super rough as I just wanted to see what colours could be pulled from the game components e.g dice, resources, cards. As we use chips for board games mostly I prefer 20s to 25s, and as these are home chips I'm not worrying too much about keeping to standard colours.

Thing is, the colour is so important, those slightly dark charcoals, off whites and muddy tones so would likely require a fair bit of chip trial and error.

The only one right now that shines for me is the bottom 100. I thought I'd want with stripes, but the three circles are very reminiscent of planets!

Don't mind the bottom, those were just for templating!

ARCS chips.png

Love the edge spots/base combos on the 1 and the 100. Makes me wish CPC had more color options, it doesn't really let you work with a varied, low saturation palette like on the 100. Were you thinking of using these for Arcs? I haven't gotten to play it yet, but I didn't see a currency other than the resource tokens.

I've been trying to work out how Tina's would work for picking colours correctly, given that there's debate around if it is CYMK, or 6 ink, I think it would require a lot of samples or at least some colour pinwheels with known CMYK values.
Arcs doesn't have currency to replace, I'm just inspired by the overall vintage space aesthetic and colour pallet.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom