Rookie - Some Cards do Not Stack on Smooth Tables (4 Viewers)

Jerome100

Reaction score
Been a lurker for a few years. Used the info here to pick up a few packs of nicer cards, including Bicycle Prestige, DesJgn, Faded Spade 3.0 and some KEMS. DesJgn probably favorite feel and looks. FS 3.0 I like. Kems are great feeling but I'm doing my best on temp and all that and they're still curving but man they're nice feeling. Prestige are just OK.

I like using all of them for different reasons. I admit I'm a sucker for the different artwork on cards, making the DesJgn and Faded Spade my favorites. Have some Altenburger Leinen Romme cards coming from Germany courtesy of a friend, mainly because I love the artwork. Hopefully they'll be nice.

Anyway, I'm not a pro so I don't use a mat or felt or anything like that. Often play on wood or granite tables with family or friends. Standard bicycle paper cards are easy to push together and restack for a shuffle. Slide right up over each other with no issues.

However the DesJgn in particular, trying to push the cards together and restack, its like they hang up on each other. The edges of the cards must be hitting the edges on other cards and I can't push them together and restack them. Too flat on the table and too thick of an edge? Faded Spade similar, but better. I actually think the Prestige cards also have this problem (don't use them much cuz they're slippery in general).

I want to use the DesJgn more often but they're frankly a pain to get together for the reshuffle. Have to slide them to the edge of the table. End up sometimes getting some on the floor etc.

Are there any tips or tricks to getting these to more easily scoop and restack? Or do I need to somehow get a playing surface with a little give? Would even a piece of felt from JoAnn fabric be enough to solve this?

Anyway, appreciate all the advice here over the years and hoping some tricks or suggestions with these DesJgns in particular.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom