Rough draft mock inlays (1 Viewer)

KK08795

Waiting List
Reaction score
Quickly through together mock inlay artwork for a custom set I'm looking to have created. Looking for feedback on what I should do to improve or which on people like best.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240911_030850_Canva.jpg
    Screenshot_20240911_030850_Canva.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 55
  • Screenshot_20240911_025240_Canva.jpg
    Screenshot_20240911_025240_Canva.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 67
  • Screenshot_20240911_002053_Canva.jpg
    Screenshot_20240911_002053_Canva.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 56
  • Screenshot_20240910_231402_Canva.jpg
    Screenshot_20240910_231402_Canva.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 53
  • Screenshot_20240910_222106_Canva.jpg
    Screenshot_20240910_222106_Canva.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 47
Kyle, Welcome!

I know you checked out the new members page, but did you see the link to designers?

I know @mattross1313 @timinater are still very active, J5 is still active although he may be unavailable for a short time. Typically you get better response reaching out to someone directly.

There is a thread just for mock ups, you might post in there.

Have you done any searches for similar labels? might give you some inspiration or let you see what elements you like best. We don't advocate copping others designs but browsing through several you start to see things that you like and don't like.

While @Cratty hasn't said he takes commissions for designs, you might not have to sweet talk him too much to help you out. He did a tribute to his Grandfather and his love for fishing lures. You can see his mockups here

Also @Steamtrain's Cutthroats fantastic and creative design by J5

Welcome to your journey!

I did not see the link to designers. Thanks for that. I have however looked at all the custom chips sets created that are in the recent links. 50+ for sure. Each brings something unique and I guess that what I really have to iron out. Lastly I thought this was posted in the mockups threads? Thanks for responding. Btw did you have a design you preferred? Cheers

I've never been into fishing, my personal preference is for a denom on one side and art on the other. I don't like the denom covering the art either.

I think the first inlay has the best fish image. I think you have some effort to narrow down a few things, card room, card club, card house ... These designs are all over the place with denom and design.

It seems you're asking for direction on what others like, I'm happy to spend your money but to make me happy you'll need to spend more than your current budget (well most likely)

I just received these

1726066184082.png

You're asking too much of the 'reader' to give you direction. I will typically have an ideal on what I want and work with the designer to flush out options. I would say start with what chips you want, CC, BRPro, CPCs ... and then understand what base colors you would want. Then work on a label, starting with a theme, fish? Okay, so then find an image you like and build on it. It takes time to reflect on your ideals and hone in on what you like. You can find more of my chips in my signature

I've never been into fishing, my personal preference is for a denom on one side and art on the other. I don't like the denom covering the art either.

I think the first inlay has the best fish image. I think you have some effort to narrow down a few things, card room, card club, card house ... These designs are all over the place with denom and design.

It seems you're asking for direction on what others like, I'm happy to spend your money but to make me happy you'll need to spend more than your current budget (well most likely)

I just received these

You're asking too much of the 'reader' to give you direction. I will typically have an ideal on what I want and work with the designer to flush out options. I would say start with what chips you want, CC, BRPro, CPCs ... and then understand what base colors you would want. Then work on a label, starting with a theme, fish? Okay, so then find an image you like and build on it. It takes time to reflect on your ideals and hone in on what you like. You can find more of my chips in my signature
Appreciate the input! Now I'm gonna go check out your chips!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom