Second TV? (9 Viewers)

So, a while back i solved my "get tournament clock on multiple devices in multiple rooms" problem through Google Chromecasts on each TV and casting separate browser tab from a single device to each, and controlling the tournament software from my mobile.

For cash games, we will usually put something on the TV and I've been getting comments over the years about getting a mirrored TV mounted on the other wall (left in picture, would replace the art. Now thinking about it, but dont have a plug on the wall, just on the floor.

Have any of you set up a second mirrored TV? Dos and donts? Things i should think through? (Roku box on the current tv if that is relevant)

View attachment 1379263
That's such a nice looking space! Love it!

And I am not sold on the wireless technology either, I know @bsdunbar1 said he had some success above with work monitor but that is diff than a live football game. I only hear of problems with wireless HDMI and never a real TV success story first hand for sports.

That just leaves a laptop, a splitter, running cables to 3 tvs and controlling from central source. In a world where we are being pushed to streaming they just need to have better solutions than this. You need Sonos for video.
Fact - The wireless solution was no good.
I tried using Laptop > HDMI Splitter > HDMI Cables to the TV's. It was fine except for the tv furthest away. (35ft hdmi cable) That tv was too jumpy and uncomfortable to watch.

Doing a ton of searching online I got hooked up with these guys.
https://www.hdtvsupply.com/
Their customer service is incredible. WAY above and beyond. I ended up talking with a tech an bought this - https://www.hdtvsupply.com/cat6-to-hdmi.html.
If you click the link they actually added the box on the right to their website just for me to add the correct CAT6 cable to use. Fantastic service to get me what I needed.
We talked about the wireless solutions and he told me there is no way for them to move the data required to watch fast moving games on tv.

This solution is about 98% good. I only don't give it 100% because I don't think it is in perfect sync with the other two, but it might just be me "looking" too hard. I'm sure my players will all say they are 100% in sync. And while you have a game on during a poker game no one is staring at the tv anyways.

Anyways - for ~$110 it does the job for me.

@bsdunbar1 yes i actually do this already but not for TV. My 2 boys are PC gamers and aside from their double monitors I made their TV a 3rd display. For 1 the TV was right over desk so HDMI was fine but for the other it was other side of room so by the time I went up through attic, across room, back down ... it was 35 feet and I used one of these HDMI over ethernet solutions and it works just fine.

Fact - The wireless solution was no good.
I tried using Laptop > HDMI Splitter > HDMI Cables to the TV's. It was fine except for the tv furthest away. (35ft hdmi cable) That tv was too jumpy and uncomfortable to watch.

Doing a ton of searching online I got hooked up with these guys.
https://www.hdtvsupply.com/
Their customer service is incredible. WAY above and beyond. I ended up talking with a tech an bought this - https://www.hdtvsupply.com/cat6-to-hdmi.html.
If you click the link they actually added the box on the right to their website just for me to add the correct CAT6 cable to use. Fantastic service to get me what I needed.
We talked about the wireless solutions and he told me there is no way for them to move the data required to watch fast moving games on tv.

This solution is about 98% good. I only don't give it 100% because I don't think it is in perfect sync with the other two, but it might just be me "looking" too hard. I'm sure my players will all say they are 100% in sync. And while you have a game on during a poker game no one is staring at the tv anyways.

Anyways - for ~$110 it does the job for me.

This was the issue I came across installing. I realize the issue with the length. I figured they sold 50” hdmi cables, must work. Ended up having to return them.

I am debating the Cat6 route or the fiber optic HDMI cables. Not sure which way I’m going yet

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom