Single chip limit set (2 Viewers)

Dugthefish

3 of a Kind
Reaction score
How many total chips in your ideal set for a 2 chip-4 chip fixed limit game? Regular 8 player games.

received_696260294887553.jpeg

You don't need that many chips for a 2/4 chip game.
900/100 workhorse/value chip is perfectly fine.
3/6 still works okay, 4/8 would be too short.

Sure, you can't have too many chips but if noone ever needs to rebuy a few value chips, the second and third rack per player are just props at that point.

I start with one rack/player (7 max players, usually 5 or 6). I’ll get 2-3 re-buys and hand out another rack for those.

Anything beyond that gets value chips and there are easily enough chips spread across players to exchange value chips. But I haven’t had to do that yet.

Save for 1 or 2 guys that bet everything and lose, the chips just tend to circulate, which is why I love limit.

I have a cards mold limit set coming that is 1000/80/20. It’s non-denominated but 1000 for betting, 80x worth a barrel of betting chips for value storage and top-ups, and 20x worth a rack of betting chips for rebuys. The 80/20 are 43mm.
6E67692C-6CD9-40C2-A5D4-0003B63176E4.jpeg

How many total chips in your ideal set for a 2 chip-4 chip fixed limit game? Regular 8 player games.

View attachment 923263
Your question includes the word "ideal."

This has been discussed a lot in several different threads, but ideally limit works best with a 3 or 4 chip structure. You can certainly play a 2 chip game but it is not ideal from the way the game runs/plays etc.

To some here "ideal" means absolute minimum & therefore cheapest. If that is your definition then go ahead with a 2 chip game and you can certainly get away with 1 rack per player.

To others "ideal" means the best number to make the game run the best and would not consider cost or at least put less emphasis on cost. If this is your definition, then 1) don't run a 2 chip game and 2) have at least 1.5 racks/player for a 3 chip game or 2 racks/player for a 4 chip game

How many total chips in your ideal set for a 2 chip-4 chip fixed limit game

I have 1100 x $1.00 and 70 x $20.00 plaques. I lock my Fixed Limit games at 7 players. We like to play a ton of triple draw games. This breakdown works great for 3/6.

I just hosted on Friday. I was able to get all 1100 $1's and about 30 plaques onto the felt.

I don't think you did as badly as you remember, Bill.

I probably played really tight. I still didn't even understand the concept of "FL". My experience was next to nothing. At this point however, its one of my favorite structures to play in. Especially if its Dealers Choice. I am in love with the triple draw games!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom