So, do Paulson chips stain fingers? (1 Viewer)

LZM

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Hey all,

I was using my Mirage/TI chips as card protectors/shuffling at the local card room (ceramic chips there are absolutely sticky, impossible to shuffle). After handling them for a 6-hour session, I was surprised noticing that my fingers got stained with blue ink.

Is this expected? LOL
Notice that the white edge spots are also stained :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Attachments

• Imagem do WhatsApp de 2024-06-18 à(s) 16.57.27_2c07eb10.jpg
    Imagem do WhatsApp de 2024-06-18 à(s) 16.57.27_2c07eb10.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 108
Hey all,

I was using my Mirage/TI chips as card protectors/shuffling at the local card room (ceramic chips there are absolutely sticky, impossible to shuffle). After handling them for a 6-hour session, I was surprised noticing that my fingers got stained with blue ink.

Is this expected? LOL
Notice that the white edge spots are also stained :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

I’ve only ever had color transfer from Bellagio 98 $1s (same blue and spots as your Mirage/TI $1s) and Money Tree TRK $5 (red) so it’s certainly not all Paulsons. But yes the fact that all the white spots are stained is probably a good indication of the ease of color transfer with use.

I think my Wynn $5s also have color transfer from the Wynn $1s. No surprise as Steve Wynn designed all these 4 white spot blue chips.

Anything on your hands that might have promoted the color bleed? Sanitizer, etc.? I’ve never had this happen.

I've had slightly color transfer from shuffling chips (abrasion maybe?), but never onto my fingers.

Blue denominations on the Paulson Chips mold have this transfer issue, but I only recall seeing it happen chip to chip, or chip to edgespot. That’s wild.

I don't know about staining fingers, but I can attest to mint Paulsons swelling nostrils after sniffing. True story. Maybe I'm allergic to Paulsons, which would be a bittersweet ending for me.

P.S. they were leaded so maybe I'm just allergic to lead. May have to run some tests.

what kind of table surface? Some of those "suited speed cloths" can be like a ~1000 grit sandpaper they are so rough. Could have sanded the clay chips down and now that fine clay dust is on your hands.

The blue Paulson Noir (10-chip?) also did this so I couldn't use them with the white 1s. Guess some blues does this.

I started shuffling my brand new Jumers ChocoBanana on one of my work agenda notebooks and noticed the brown is transferring to the paper. I've also noticed it rubbing off onto the other chips.

I’ve seen color transfer on my DJ’s with that blue but haven’t seen it on my fingers.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom