The “Don’t Let The Lawyer Get The Chips” auctions (20 Viewers)

I've personally seen a lot of auction items that I would be interested in, but I don't even bother bidding because they end in the middle of the night for me here in Europe. The recent auctions for some BTP chips come to mind - the seller would have most certainly ended up with more money in their pockets had I been awake when the auctions ended. But that's just one PCFer's opinion.

Personally, I've always appreciated TCR sales that take place on a Sunday afternoon (evening time in Europe).
Understood, and thanks for sharing again with all!

I realize you already know this, but for the benefit of other friends in Europe, I am unfortunately only shipping to U.S. addresses (for reasons previously discussed). So hopefully, if you're in Europe or another non-U.S. location, you can find a skilled and willing reshipper.

I think if you are immediately after nfl kickoff u should be fine. Everyone is in a rush to get their morning routine done, fantasy lineup set, then the game kicks off and the first hour of a game isn’t important. Probably on their phones still anyway and it includes the Europe crowd.

Our car dealership website traffic was the highest at 9 AM, noon, 4 PM and 10 PM. Noon = lunch break. 9am = people checking the site as they get to work. 4pm = the day is long and people are checked out at work. This was a huge spike tbh.

3-4pm final answer and Tuesday-Thursday. Best time to end an auction. Also gets Europe in on the action.

Tommy, mind sharing PCF top 3 hour slots for website traffic? @Tommy
That's a *lot* of great information! Thanks for taking the time to share all that.

Adding a bit to that...
In past years, I received feedback from multiple people to NOT have multiple auctions ending at the same time. Those people wanted to be able to easily bid on multiple auctions. That's why I have my five auctions end over a two hour period, with each end time being 1/2 hour apart (the minimum increment allowed on PCF).

So, with five auction ends spanning a two hour period, using your logic, the best end times would be from 1:30-3:30 pm, correct?

I DO take issue with one thing you said:
the first hour of a game isn’t important
That may be true for you and some others, but not me. I enjoy the games, and that's where my focus is from kickoff to 00:00 on the clock! :D

Seriously, if I switch my end times to Sunday 1:30-3:30 pm Eastern, I won't follow the auction ends; I'll wait until the games are over.

That could pose some problems when people get into bidding wars at the end that push the boundaries of the 5 minute rule, and I'm not watching the bidding real time to know that bidder A placed a bid at 1:29:45 pm, and bidder B placed a higher bid at 1:34:55 pm. In that case, bidder B's bid is not valid, even though it displays as "1:34 pm", which gives the appearance of being within the five minute rule when compared to bidder A's bid, which displays as "1:29 pm".

Nothing is perfect, I guess! :)

Understood, and thanks for sharing again with all!

I realize you already know this, but for the benefit of other friends in Europe, I am unfortunately only shipping to U.S. addresses (for reasons previously discussed). So hopefully, if you're in Europe or another non-U.S. location, you can find a skilled and willing reshipper.

That's a *lot* of great information! Thanks for taking the time to share all that.

Adding a bit to that...
In past years, I received feedback from multiple people to NOT have multiple auctions ending at the same time. Those people wanted to be able to easily bid on multiple auctions. That's why I have my five auctions end over a two hour period, with each end time being 1/2 hour apart (the minimum increment allowed on PCF).

So, with five auction ends spanning a two hour period, using your logic, the best end times would be from 1:30-3:30 pm, correct?

I DO take issue with one thing you said:

That may be true for you and some others, but not me. I enjoy the games, and that's where my focus is from kickoff to 00:00 on the clock! :D

Seriously, if I switch my end times to Sunday 1:30-3:30 pm Eastern, I won't follow the auction ends; I'll wait until the games are over.

That could pose some problems when people get into bidding wars at the end that push the boundaries of the 5 minute rule, and I'm not watching the bidding real time to know that bidder A placed a bid at 1:29:45 pm, and bidder B placed a higher bid at 1:34:55 pm. In that case, bidder B's bid is not valid, even though it displays as "1:34 pm", which gives the appearance of being within the five minute rule when compared to bidder A's bid, which displays as "1:29 pm".

Nothing is perfect, I guess! :)
Yeah I wouldn’t say Sundays r best I just wanted a 3 day auction.

Optimal time for an auction imho would be ending 4 pm ET. 3pm CT. 2pm MT. 1pm Pacific Tuesday - Thursday my guess.

Or

Mon - Wed 11pm ET. Etc…

Reactions: JWC
Yeah I wouldn’t say Sundays r best I just wanted a 3 day auction.

Optimal time for an auction imho would be ending 4 pm ET. 3pm CT. 2pm MT. 1pm Pacific Tuesday - Thursday my guess.

Or

Mon - Wed 11pm ET. Etc…
Gotcha. Thanks. I’ve heard pushback on ending on weekdays due to work, commuting, etc., but again, nothing is perfect. Nothing will work for everybody. I’m just trying to find what works best for the majority.

I’m probably not ambitious enough to do the work, but it would be interesting to see the past 5 years statistics of “# of bids” plotted against “auction end day/time”. :)

Gotcha. Thanks. I’ve heard pushback on ending on weekdays due to work, commuting, etc., but again, nothing is perfect. Nothing will work for everybody. I’m just trying to find what works best for the majority.

I’m probably not ambitious enough to do the work, but it would be interesting to see the past 5 years statistics of “# of bids” plotted against “auction end day/time”. :)
I’m sure eBay and several vendors have already done a study that’s somewhat public…per quick google search general consensus is late evening Sundays.

I’m sure eBay and several vendors have already done a study that’s somewhat public…per quick google search general consensus is late evening Sundays.
Huh. Why didn’t *I* think of that?! :rolleyes::ROFL: :ROFLMAO: Thanks!

Annnnd… That puts me right back where I am right now! :wtf:

<cue Billy Preston’s hit song from 1972-73…>

After all that talk of NFL football, I thought I’d share THIS little observation:

1729876942426.jpeg

It’s really quite similar to going from my 1972 Las Vegas Tropicana v2 chips, to my group buy Empress Star boat chips! :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom