The Drunk Uncle (1 Viewer)

DrunkleWade

High Hand
Reaction score
Long before Bobby Moynihan's drunk uncle showed up on SNL, I was working hard to rep the persona at the family holiday gatherings. So much so that my nieces and nephews would look forward to the point where Wade ended and Drunkle started.

It became a family tradition, as regular as the Christmas ham or the Australia Day BBQ. Drunkle Wade would eventually come out after a few too many and would sprout all manner of worldly advice and slightly inappropriate jokes. And so the name stuck, and even my work mates call on him when we are all away for work. He's just me, but way more uninhibited and willing to dive into the swimming pool fully clothed. :)

And so, for my first custom set, I think "The Drunk Uncle" will be appropriate. I started out thinking the inlay would be British Pub style design like the ones below;

british-public-house-names.jpg
5423066238_6670ef0d21_z.jpg

But, I'm not much of an artist so I've mocked up a simple design. I'm half decent with Photoshop but ultimately, I will employ one of the quality artists in the PCF community to do a better job. The set will be a CPC purchase so bear with me as I/we workshop the colours and edge spot pattern/progression.

Feel free to critique and/or roast these.

Drunk_Uncle_Inlay_White_1.png

It will be a cash set (covering micro and small stakes games) so to be totally honest the 500 and 1k chips probably won't ever be used. But, I thought I'd design them anyway, just in case I splurge on a larger set. Mold design is not fixed at the moment so I was just playing around with those. Also, I know I can mix up the spot combinations but my need for uniformity took over. :D

Darker colours...
Image 6.jpg

Or lighter...
Image 4.jpg

Looking forward to making this set a reality. Cheers.

Last edited:
I would not use a pink quarter with a red 5. Be careful with dark 100 and dark 500 if you use the same edge spot pattern.
Second that, if you have physical color samples it will help you a lot to figure out what colors to avoid in adjacent denominations.

Black and blurple are pretty close especially in dark lighting.

I like the theme but the photo chosen looks more like the completely wasted uncle as opposed to the fun Uncle who is really loose and having a good time with family/friends. Major difference between the two...lol.

Anyway, might pull back the inebriation factor by 5-7 drinks on the Uncle image so he looks more like he is going to bring some laughs to the party as opposed to the one who is about to insult Aunt Rose, puke in the bushes, pass out in the yard and then piss himself.

Screenshot_13-8-2024_124222_.jpeg

Last edited:
I like the theme but the photo chosen looks more like the completely wasted uncle as opposed to the fun Uncle who is really loose and having a good time with family/friends. Major difference between the two...lol.

Anyway, might pull back the inebriation factor by 5-7 drinks on the Uncle image so he looks more like he is going bring some laughs to the party as opposed to the one who is about to insult Aunt Rose, puke in the bushes, pass out in the yard and then piss himself.

View attachment 1372214
Don’t you mean The Funcle?

Am I the only uncle who isn’t a dad on this forum??

I'm pivoting slightly after getting an idea from the Nevada Jacks Saloon set as seen on BR Pro. I tried to use muted colours (so no DG) and didn't want to duplicate colours or edge spots across chips.

Image 1.jpg
Drunkle_Wades_Inlay_5_mandarin.png

Image 11.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom