The Official Unofficial Mixed Set Showcase Thread of PCF! (5 Viewers)

Started with a random beautiful green rack I just couldn't resist and quickly snowballed into an all-leaded redish denom Nevada set. Besides lead/denoms, the goal was to keep it old school af, which I think was accomplished. Really like the red-yellow-black on the one through twenty-five's inlays too. Thanks to all who helped!

Still could use some oiling but won't have time for a long while:
dFp28RM.jpg

vFpWTM1.jpg

HKBwAc3.jpg

JV1myHQ.jpg

BwN93j1.jpg

SXxzVi7.jpg

Last edited:
Agreed. I like the white for now tbh. As has been discussed in some other threads, mint THC $5’s can break the bank, sadly,

The Paris $1’s are so damn good. Wish I had gotten some when they were cheap.

Thanks for this thread and posts. Great for inspiration. At first I thought I would have to explain/defend my punk rock mixed chip set, good to see others do it too! Will be back to post photos when I get ‘er done.

Update w/ the new/third rack and better (aka not shitty) lighting to the set at the top of this page:

p1ScnC4.jpg

3nsDnlb.jpg

A0GaC9l.jpg

u8ULIpT.jpg

8L7s7EE.jpg

...and a little RHC set I was putting together (just needs a quick BOH)
LwWe3PT.jpg

Fz4eonx.jpg

6O1rFI4.jpg

(both additions pre-Claim Stake acquisition, just came in after)

Last edited:
I'd want to stick with a red denom for sure. Either 25 is tough, either lots of blue or extra white. The Aztar 25s fit nicely, which is basically the set I had.
View attachment 1386998
100% this.
People can do whatever they want with their mixed sets - I’ve broken my own rules, who cares. But when you’re talking about a set with multiple goat chips, like the $1 and the $5, and you’re approaching mixed set perfection, I don’t think you should mess around. Keep the denominations the same color in this one!

I'd want to stick with a red denom for sure. Either 25 is tough, either lots of blue or extra white. The Aztar 25s fit nicely, which is basically the set I had.
View attachment 1386998
Yeah I just told someone I was considering going after a rack of Aztar $25’s. I think they might be the ticket.

100% this.
People can do whatever they want with their mixed sets - I’ve broken my own rules, who cares. But when you’re talking about a set with multiple goat chips, like the $1 and the $5, and you’re approaching mixed set perfection, I don’t think you should mess around. Keep the denominations the same color in this one!
Yeah the red denom was a big thing for me. I just really wanted to make a killer bear claw chip work

Claw would be sick but the hundo would almost certainly be a regression of some sort with that 5 and 25 spot. I struggled with this for some time.
That was also something I thought a not but I don’t get many if at all $100’s in play for my game. So in essence the $25 is the final demon in my lineup and the $100 is just a nice place holder. As to why I wanted to “end” on a bear claw.

View attachment 1386998
When I shipped those Aztars to you:
91fe784b-8c8b-4a37-9ccf-0f62c7773fb8_text.gif

...but damn are they amazing there.

Yeah I just told someone I was considering going after a rack of Aztar $25’s. I think they might be the ticket.
They work nearly perfect with everything (especially their native set):
ILdUbBA.jpg

Finally able to contribute to this thread after 4 months of putting this together. No real theme to this set other than the following:

1) all Paulson RHC/THC
2) pretty good spot progression throughout
3) all chips are near mint to mint
4) I like them!

Enjoy.

View attachment 39938

View attachment 39939
Absolutely sexy

Got them out for some new group pics. They need cleaning again! And always looking for more Casablanca $5's of course.
View attachment 40649
View attachment 40650
View attachment 40651
I love those 50c chips

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom