The Start of my Chipping Journey! (1 Viewer)

VMR911

Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
Question for you seasoned vets: What would you do with this lot?

Ready to start cleaning & building.

Merry Xmas! & Happy New Year!

P.S. Fun fact: I got my inspiration to begin chipping after picking up CCs Milano Variant from Canada called "Crazy Horse" - Last Pic
#1.jpg
#2.jpg
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
CC.jpg

Last edited:
Give them some time to fester in your home.

Handle them all. Mix and match.

I'm utterly jealous of your Golden State Warriors like start to the chipping, like the Warriors like to start a season.

What an incredible hoard. Don't do anything fast or rash. Take time and plan. Chips are so easy to sell, sooooo easy. Getting them back is almost always more $$$ and dam near futile sometimes.

This all said, I ain't no veteran chipper and I'm a total noob, mileage wise and I dont really know a Paulson from a Dice chip... relatively speaking..

Do a project. Buy a set that’s missing a denom or has one you don’t like and figure out a relabel for the missing piece.

Design a cheap ceramic set to challenge your sense of what you like and don’t like.

Lurk in the lineup ratings and design tool challenge threads. Make your own entry just to test your ability.

What I’m trying to say, in my first year of chipping i did something similar to you (though not as extensive) and just bought tons of random stuff but I didn’t actually think about chips, what I like, what I don’t like, how to elevate them.

Do something that forces you to interact with them and think about them.

Way to start things off with a bang!!! Amazing chips o_O

I’d take some time to enjoy the chips and then (this may sound corny) but listen to your heart on which chips move you emotionally etc. those are the sets you want to build out fully. This can also be an idea you have for a set. If something sticks with you, follow that voice. Only you know what you truly desire. You don’t have to get what everyone else likes.

Congrats all around. I’ve thoroughly enjoyed our chats! And I’m looking forward to watching your chipping journey unfold.

Cheers,
Dan

Last edited:
I'll do my best to answer the question posed in the OP...

You have three very good cash sets worth of chips there. This is how I'd use them...

Set #1: Allocate the Jack $2's and yellow RHC and put them with your Jack Cincy $5's, $25's, and $100's. Relabel the yellows as your fracs, the Jack $2's as the $1 in the set, and the rest can be their face value.

Set #2: Get your light blue THC, Jack Cincy $'1s, and AS snappers and make another cash set out of those that can cover two tables. Sell off a rack of the light blues and Jack Cincy $1's each, you only need two and four racks, respectively, to cover two tables. The blues are your fracs for the set. Jack Cincy $1's are as is. Use your AS snappers as your $5 chip in the set. I'd try to find another rack or two of those and/or add a $20 or $25 chip to cover any 0.25/0.50 or 0.50/1 two table game.

Set $3: One table AS cash set with the one rack of brown fracs, relabel the AS $1's back to their original label, two racks of the $5's, and you have 80 $20's and a barrel of $100's.

Sell the HS Cincy snapper, you don't need them.

Sell the roulette chips. Colors don't really match well.

Do you play mostly cash? If you play tournaments, you could get some decent trade offers for a tournament set if you'd let go of one of the cash sets.

Heck of a start either way!

Question for you seasoned vets: What would you do with this lot?

Ready to start cleaning & building.

Merry Xmas! & Happy New Year!

P.S. Fun fact: I got my inspiration to begin chipping after picking up CCs Milano Variant from Canada called "Crazy Horse" - Last Pic
View attachment 835181View attachment 835182View attachment 835183View attachment 835184View attachment 835185View attachment 835186View attachment 835187
Looks like you have too many $1 Jack's. Sell me a rack! :)

Great work! Personally, I’d work with your strength which appears to be the murdered AS chips. Murder the $5s and use matching labels or relabel the whole set … then get them in play.

The AS $5s are such a good looking chip. Those Boulder Station $1s are pretty cool, too.

Edit: keep the best 200 Jack $1s & relabel the $2s as fracs and you’ve got a cool Jack set, too!

Do a project. Buy a set that’s missing a denom or has one you don’t like and figure out a relabel for the missing piece.
Yep, that is my plan with the Jacks and Pointe After AS project.
Design a cheap ceramic set to challenge your sense of what you like and don’t like.
I don't even know where to begin but yes I am thinking of my own custom card mold as a first draft.
Lurk in the lineup ratings and design tool challenge threads. Make your own entry just to test your ability.
Wow, I did not even know that existed! Where do I find that?

Thanks for the pointers and well wishes! :)

take some time to enjoy the chips and then (this may sound corny) but listen to your heart on which chips move you emotionally etc. those are the sets you want to build out fully. This can also be an idea you have for a set. If something sticks with you, follow that voice. Only you know what you truly desire. You don’t have to get what everyone else likes.
I could cry. Such impactful and true words. Love you Dan! Thanks brother.

I'll do my best to answer the question posed in the OP...
You have three very good cash sets worth of chips there. This is how I'd use them...
Set #1: Allocate the Jack $2's and yellow RHC and put them with your Jack Cincy $5's, $25's, and $100's. Relabel the yellows as your fracs, the Jack $2's as the $1 in the set, and the rest can be their face value.
Set #2: Get your light blue THC, Jack Cincy $'1s, and AS snappers and make another cash set out of those that can cover two tables. Sell off a rack of the light blues and Jack Cincy $1's each, you only need two and four racks, respectively, to cover two tables. The blues are your fracs for the set. Jack Cincy $1's are as is. Use your AS snappers as your $5 chip in the set. I'd try to find another rack or two of those and/or add a $20 or $25 chip to cover any 0.25/0.50 or 0.50/1 two table game.
Set $3: One table AS cash set with the one rack of brown fracs, relabel the AS $1's back to their original label, two racks of the $5's, and you have 80 $20's and a barrel of $100's.

Sell the HS Cincy snapper, you don't need them.

Sell the roulette chips. Colors don't really match well.

Do you play mostly cash? If you play tournaments, you could get some decent trade offers for a tournament set if you'd let go of one of the cash sets.

Heck of a start either way!
@JMC9389 - Now what? Guide me Sensei!!! :P I am reluctant to mix mint Jack $2s with my current Jacks since they are slightly used. Is that weird?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom