Thoughts on CPC design, Grand Coulee Dam (1 Viewer)

TonyZur

High Hand
Reaction score
Hello All,

Seeking input, critiques, and thoughts on color/spot progression and inlay design. This is for a cash set, denoms will be .5/.25/1.00/5.00/20.00/100.00, left to right in the image. I’m pretty happy with the colors. There are a few varieties of the inlay, I think my favorite is the black ring, second to last chip.

When the dam was built in the 30s, B Street in Grand Coulee had dozens of cardrooms, bars, theaters, and brothels. When the workers left, the neighborhood crumbled and disappeared, and it is now a quiet residential street.

The Spillway is what I would have named my cardroom/brothel had I been alive and in business. I know the chips are of a much later style, but oh well, I like them.

Thanks for any input!

24F7E206-DC35-43A6-B8BD-18E61A5EC0BB.png
BB3EBB4B-CBD3-4954-9472-6065B40F3ACB.jpeg

Do you have a sample set of colors from CPC? Dayglo Saturn is not a very popular color.... especially as a base color. Have you tried Canary?

I would personally stay away from having a Charcoal chip and a Black chip on the table at the same time. Again the colors in real life are very close especially in anything other than optimal lighting. Grey would be a better choice imo. Same goes with the edge spot on your $5...charcoal inside a black edge spot is virtually going to be invisible.

Lastly a Blurple edgespot on a black chip isn't going to have much contrast either. Blurple is fairly close to Black especially in medium to low light. I would STRONGLY suggest getting samples of their color choices (available on their sight).

Last edited:
All of the above. Get samples and play around with colour combos with the actual sample chips. The differences between the online tool and real life are significant in some cases.

Thank you! Yup I got color samples a few months ago. I love the day glow saturn, also have it in my Key West set. The red chip is my least favorite, sound advice to change the charcoal out.

Most of my cash games are micro stakes, but want the option for higher later, so getting some hundreds. Haven’t done much higher stakes. Would a .25 and $100 would share the felt much? Maybe I could switch the charcoal to the nickel if I want it.

Thanks again!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom