Cash Game Using plaques in cash game (1 Viewer)

BleedingChips

Sitting Out
Reaction score
I am pretty new to hosting home cash games and have seen some people like to use plaques during games.
My novice question is how do I introduce them into play during the game?
Do I include them as part of initial buy-in, re-buys, or have them available to use as change if players want to swap out their smaller denominations?

I just ordered a set of chips from Apache for micro stakes (.5/.25/$1/$5) and want to mix in some $20 plaques for a group 6-8 players.

Plaques can be a fun change of pace. We use them for upper denoms. I’ll try to mix one in with every buy in or rebuy. They are coveted so people get more aggressive to capture them, it’s like capturing flags and badges of honor to build a stack of them.

IMG_7109.jpeg

IMG_7107.jpeg

IMG_7103.jpeg

I am pretty new to hosting home cash games and have seen some people like to use plaques during games.
Do I include them as part of initial buy-in, re-buys, or have them available to use as change if players want to swap out their smaller denominations?

I just ordered a set of chips from Apache for micro stakes (.5/.25/$1/$5) and want to mix in some $20 plaques for a group 6-8 players.
Sounds about right!

I prefer plaques in a tournament because you know they'll get into play. Too often plaques are reserved for highest cash denoms (like $100) which rarely see play (since many like huge amounts of $5).

If you think you'll get them into play at your table stakes, then go for it.

Last edited:
On cash games my plaques are only used for rebuy. The
Only set where I use them in starting stack is my T5 base Tournament bourbon street set because T500 doesn’t exist and is replaced by a beautiful MSK plaque.
IMG_9368.jpeg

Buy ins for my .50/$1 NLHE games range from $20 min to $300 max.

If somebody buys in for $200 or $300, I include plaques.

Otherwise, I use them for rebuys.

FYI, peeps LOVE plaques. As others have mentioned, it is a really fun change of pace.

And since every PCF post is useless without pics, here you go.

20160130_103821.jpg
20160130_102133.jpg

I have plaques for my Samurai and PCA sets as well, but don't have pics ):

or have them available to use as change if players want to swap out their smaller denominations?
Use them for rebuys.
In my opinion in a cash game, players really shouldn’t be swapping out their smaller denominations for bigger ones unless the stakes are increased mid-session, or maybe if some players leave and you’re playing short handed.

As a host it’s your job to make sure there are enough smaller denoms on the table that the game plays smoothly. It can be trial and error until you figure out what works. But as long as you have a full table, you’ll need those smaller denoms on the table. (And yeah, some hosts like to have lots of small denoms on the table so people can have big stacks of lots of chips. But if that’s the preference, why would you then change gears and take them off the table?)

It’s your game so do what you want. But if some guy wins a few hands and wants to “color up,” chances are they’re gonna lose a couple of hands and then they’ll need to break their big chip.

Use them for rebuys.
In my opinion in a cash game, players really shouldn’t be swapping out their smaller denominations for bigger ones unless the stakes are increased mid-session, or maybe if some players leave and you’re playing short handed.

As a host it’s your job to make sure there are enough smaller denoms on the table that the game plays smoothly. It can be trial and error until you figure out what works. But as long as you have a full table, you’ll need those smaller denoms on the table. (And yeah, some hosts like to have lots of small denoms on the table so people can have big stacks of lots of chips. But if that’s the preference, why would you then change gears and take them off the table?)

It’s your game so do what you want. But if some guy wins a few hands and wants to “color up,” chances are they’re gonna lose a couple of hands and then they’ll need to break their big chip.
This is a great explanation and thank you for the advice!

I think the opposite is also true. Not coloring up Peter's $5ks at HCL is just ridiculous (I think he had even more at times, but I couldn't find a better image).

Skärmklipp.PNG

Hey y'all!

I host games in Mexico City, we play $25/25 Cash Games (more or less 1.5 USD / 1.5 USD)
I have:

400 * $25 chips
200 * $100 chips
25 * $500 chips (actually I just need some stickers to get 50 more chips)

I also have $1000 chips that I use for tournaments, so I'm not a big fan of using them during Cash Games. I have Royal Card Room chips that could be turned into $1,000 chips (the grey $1 ones).

That's why I wanted to know what your opinion was: Should I buy $1,000 plaques? Or maybe a couple of $5,000 plaques? Or just turn my grey $1 chips into $1,000 ones? (And the red $5 ones into $5,000 ones if I need to do higher stakes games in the future).

The thing is, the $1000 plaques should get into play, but the $5000 would probably never get into play, and I'm afraid they would reduce action and induce conservatism. What do you think?

Buy ins for my .50/$1 NLHE games range from $20 min to $300 max.

If somebody buys in for $200 or $300, I include plaques.

Otherwise, I use them for rebuys.

FYI, peeps LOVE plaques. As others have mentioned, it is a really fun change of pace.

And since every PCF post is useless without pics, here you go.

View attachment 1355636View attachment 1355637

I have plaques for my Samurai and PCA sets as well, but don't have pics ):

those plaques are sweet. are they the ones (currently out of stock) from apc?

Thanks! Similar. I got mine in a PCF group buy. Both ar Matsui plaques, but if I recall APC adjusted the colors a bit and their own order. So that's something you would neef to watch out for if you buy some.
I see, I did notice the pictures on the website look different from yours. Yours look alot cleaner in both the print/graphic as well as the edges and shape. I will have to order a sample when/if they are back in stock. Cant find any other options for USD plaques

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom