Very Dirty ASM cleaning question (5 Viewers)

Chubbs

Two Pair
Reaction score
I got some very very dirty Kenmore Lanes $5s and was wondering if anyone has any experience with cleaning these kinds of chips?

My plan is dig out as much dirt and grime in the mold with a pick, then give them a short bath in warm water with a little Dawn and scrub with a toothbrush. And then a light rub down with a magic eraser if necessary. This is how I've cleaned my Paulsons but want to make sure the same method can be used on ASM chips. I don't want to ruin the labels or have them peel off or anything like that.

Any thoughts?

heres a few of the chips I need to clan:
HZ9bAk6.jpg

Last edited:
A soak will help clear the gunk from the mold, so trying to pick that out after the soak might be easier than before.

No Oxy, that will absolutely dissolve ASM/CPC chips.

Otherwise, your plan sounds about right. I have zero experience with the ultrasonic cleaners a bunch of folks here use, but depending on how many chips you have to clean, that might be more expense than it's worth.

A light oiling after cleaning will make them pop again.

Good luck with the cleaning. These will be nice when that's done. I bet they shuffle like a dream.

A soak will help clear the gunk from the mold, so trying to pick that out after the soak might be easier than before.

No Oxy, that will absolutely dissolve ASM/CPC chips.

Otherwise, your plan sounds about right. I have zero experience with the ultrasonic cleaners a bunch of folks here use, but depending on how many chips you have to clean, that might be more expense than it's worth.

A light oiling after cleaning will make them pop again.

Good luck with the cleaning. These will be nice when that's done. I bet they shuffle like a dream.
Can you soak these? That wont ruin the label?

Wow, that long!?!?
If your iffy on it. Do it on two of em and do a test run. But I've soaked chips for days and never had an issue as long as it's not a paper label, and the current labels lamination is good. But test runs can be a great way to see results without risking much.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom