Whatcha doing? (1 Viewer)

I am up with the kids (2, 4) and watch them all day long and pick up after em.

Wife was just relegated to her company’s corona task force. Was already busy before this (works remote). Shes off from 7 pm to 9 pm tonight. :banghead:

Plant?

What do you do? I also work at a "plant".

A chemical plant to be precise. We make Sodium Chlorate.

We are not stopping. Still all workers are a go. 2 got quarantined because they were abroad when this got ugly, but my shifts are being scheduled as normal

Automotive Transmission Remanufacturing

I'm rebuilding/modifying some guitars, practicing a few classics, artifact hunting nearby park, and just started "Pandemic" and "zztop" documentaries on Netflix.
Oh and took my dog King discgolfing yesterday. He's one hell of a eco-friendly caddy; eats weeds and drinks sewage water. View attachment 424295View attachment 424296View attachment 424297View attachment 424298View attachment 424299
This is genius!!! Are these dog/disc bags for sale??? Unfortunately I usullay carry about 45 discs but use about 8... I could definitely cut back if the dog would carry them for me!

But.... ummm where does the beer go? Are there clips on the back so he can drag a small wheeled cooler behind him? Just kidding but this is genius!!!

Still working even on my days off. I don’t see the logistics industry coming to a halt anytime soon.
The day it does, you’ll know we’re in real trouble.
You drive a truck?
I don't worry about the "logistics" shutting down, but if all the damn factory's keep closing down there won't be anything haul.

"Working from home" for the first time in over 10 years. Lotta work has been put on hold so...

D9313A0E-4574-465C-8471-63062D67EDED.jpeg
15C6FB3C-E496-4454-ADA0-AB576263EA40.jpeg
F46481BE-DA8E-4C59-A6C8-CFE840E6681A.jpeg
7B25E948-2B96-464B-A8BC-A43C61AEC8CF.jpeg
C8D34C19-5E32-45BF-9942-0B946B2388F8.jpeg

You drive a truck?
I don't worry about the "logistics" shutting down, but if all the damn factory's keep closing down there won't be anything haul.
I do and very true about nothing to haul if the factories shut down. I hope it doesn’t come to that, that would be the panic point in my opinion. I work for a large grocery distributor, McLane Company.
Most of our business is convenient stores but we have contracts with Walmart, Walgreens and Family dollar as well.
I have been running extra loads for the last 4 weeks on my days off. Mostly Easter Candy believe it or not.

Working remotely and trying to stay off PCF. o_O
And taking care of an 8 month old.

Find any long lost chippies?!

I've only been at this game about two years. Never hoarded enough to need to store them in the garage. Even when I was selling my "hoard" of Club Cal-Neva roulettes I was only getting them bits at a time. So nope, I can account for every single one of my chippies!

The bad news (for me) is, with the border closure, I won't be able to pick up any chips heading there for a few weeks. Poor Point Roberts WA, their economy will be in the toilet for a while, since a good amount of their business infrastructure is from Canadians doing business across that short border. Anything through the USA going by land destined for them must pass through Canada first.

I've only been at this game about two years. Never hoarded enough to need to store them in the garage. Even when I was selling my "hoard" of Club Cal-Neva roulettes I was only getting them bits at a time. So nope, I can account for every single one of my chippies!

The bad news (for me) is, with the border closure, I won't be able to pick up any chips heading there for a few weeks. Poor Point Roberts WA, their economy will be in the toilet for a while, since a good amount of their business infrastructure is from Canadians doing business across that short border. Anything through the USA going by land destined for them must pass through Canada first.
Yep. I've got chips at my depot as well. Some really cool chips too. Chips with lead in them and textured shaped inlays....argghhhhhh!

Then I've got a small packet from Chiproom waiting for me. I think I'm going to cry about it:tdown:

Then there is the order of Faded Spade playing cards...stuck! :banghead:

I gotta stop now, I think there is more but I won't think about it.

Yep. I've got chips at my depot as well. Some really cool chips too. Chips with lead in them and textured shaped inlays....argghhhhhh!

Then I've got a small packet from Chiproom waiting for me. I think I'm going to cry about it:tdown:

Then there is the order of Faded Spade playing cards...stuck! :banghead:

I gotta stop now, I think there is more but I won't think about it.

I know where you're at. When I close my eyes I swear I can hear 6+ racks of CDI98s calling for me from across that border line. Stay strong, friend!

(can't stand Madonna, but the lyrics are quite apt at the moment)

I know where you're at. When I close my eyes I swear I can hear 6+ racks of CDI98s calling for me from across that border line. Stay strong, friend!

Wow!!!!!!! Amazing man! 6+ racks!!! Whoah!!

Same to you my friend. Stay healthy, stay strong. Will be seeing you sometime soon I hope! Been a while since we shared the felt bro!

I guess some strong wind caught my optimizer... finished this job just over a year ago... nice little warranty call!
20200318_100914.jpg

Ouch!! Yup she's ripped out by the bolt, also upon further inspection the entire panel lifted out of its impossible clamps.... very strange!!
20200318_100904.jpg

And unfortunately those bolts get tightened from the top!!
20200318_105254.jpg

Theres the bed of my truck 60ft below!!
Wires all fixed. Optimizer straightened out but now I gotta go through there!! Uggh sure a smart man would have brought a harness... I only have about 8 of them laying in the garage... but nope none with me at the moment
20200318_110706.jpg

Out through that hole and then walking on panels to the problem spot!!
20200318_110234.jpg

All secured back in place!! Well I'm already up here might as well take a cool picture of what I built!!
20200318_110247.jpg

2684 panels total, yes on top of that red roof is 1,300 more panels!! Everyone said you can't put solar on the face of a building... hmm hold my beer!!
20200318_110957.jpg

Anyways... all wired back up, new stainless clamps in place!! Good to go!! Ohh did I mention this is a pharmaceutical company and not allowed inside due to the epidemic... yup I wired the whole thing hot! Again which they say can't be done... hey boss all is good out here! You owe me a beer and pay for the whole day!! Sounds good, ok headed home to wash and oil chips!! Not bad for an hours work!!

I guess some strong wind caught my optimizer... finished this job just over a year ago... nice little warranty call!
View attachment 424538
Ouch!! Yup she's ripped out by the bolt, also upon further inspection the entire panel lifted out of its impossible clamps.... very strange!!
View attachment 424540
And unfortunately those bolts get tightened from the top!!
View attachment 424542
Theres the bed of my truck 60ft below!!
Wires all fixed. Optimizer straightened out but now I gotta go through there!! Uggh sure a smart man would have brought a harness... I only have about 8 of them laying in the garage... but nope none with me at the moment
View attachment 424544
Out through that hole and then walking on panels to the problem spot!!
View attachment 424545
All secured back in place!! Well I'm already up here might as well take a cool picture of what I built!!
View attachment 424549
2684 panels total, yes on top of that red roof is 1,300 more panels!! Everyone said you can't put solar on the face of a building... hmm hold my beer!!
View attachment 424550
Anyways... all wired back up, new stainless clamps in place!! Good to go!! Ohh did I mention this is a pharmaceutical company and not allowed inside due to the epidemic... yup I wired the whole thing hot! Again which they say can't be done... hey boss all is good out here! You owe me a beer and pay for the whole day!! Sounds good, ok headed home to wash and oil chips!! Not bad for an hours work!!

That’s sick!!!! I’ve always wondered where you can walk on those panels? Or can you? How’s that work?

That’s sick!!!! I’ve always wondered where you can walk on those panels? Or can you? How’s that work?
Stay on the edges and walk slowly... the frame can carry the weight! If you step in the center they will shatter. Also there are many different grades of solar panels. These have a 2.25" wide frame holding them... some are only 1" to 1 1/2"... I wouldn't suggest walking on those... especially not 60' above a nice concrete surface!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom