Where to host a game outside of your house? (8 Viewers)

paulkersey

Two Pair
Reaction score
Myself and all of our players have fairly small houses and young children at home. Any ideas on where we can host a game away from home?

Some initial thoughts have been a hotel room with a dining room table, conference room, or some other event space?

Any suggestions?

I’d say try to stay on the cheap… I mean how small is small and unless these are like seriously small residences I’d say rethink it and make it work. If it’s a monthly then yeah maybe rent something. Many folks can find access to warehouse or open office space. Good luck.

An office space is a great idea! Especially if it’s weekly games. If it’s just a one time thing every once in a while maybe just rent out private room at a local community centre if available

This is from my own experience as well as from others I know: if it’s regularly and depending on your state laws, you can host at a bar in a back room, but probably would need to strike a deal with the owner on minimum spend amount.

I know in cities like NYC there’s also apps like Peerspace where the host can rent out a space for like $15-$20/hr that people have used to host, everyone just chips in.
Myself and all of our players have fairly small houses and young children at home. Any ideas on where we can host a game away from home?

Some initial thoughts have been a hotel room with a dining room table, conference room, or some other event space?

Any suggestions?

We had an agreement with an auto shop down the street as kids that we could set the table up and gamble after 8pm when they closed, felt particularly grungy but it had a sick sound system!

Sometimes people in housing developments have a community building that can be reserved or rented?

This is from my own experience as well as from others I know: if it’s regularly and depending on your state laws, you can host at a bar in a back room, but probably would need to strike a deal with the owner on minimum spend amount.

I know in cities like NYC there’s also apps like Peerspace where the host can rent out a space for like $15-$20/hr that people have used to host, everyone just chips in.
My guess would be that most bar/restaurant owners would shy away from this. But any other business that has space after hours might be on board. I like the community room thing someone mentioned. Also, garage? I mean too how little space it too little? There’s not a couple guys in the group that can swing it? If not you’re doomed.

Elks Lodge would be my first suggestion. Become a member and find out if they have a regular game already, and if not, start one.

Second suggestion - local brewery. On a week day night they may not have an issue setting up a Barrington off to the side. Assuming y'all partake in beers/food if offered.

I occasionally host tournaments at a local (HUGE) liquor store that has a bar in it. They host trivia nights bi-weekly and have 12-15 tables set up and we play there. I know the manager and she likes it as we drive some extra business to the bar.

I have also hosted recently at an apartment complex. They have like a two story clubhouse that tenants can request to rent for free. They put a deposit down but get it all back as long as no damage has been done.

I occasionally host tournaments at a local (HUGE) liquor store that has a bar in it. They host trivia nights bi-weekly and have 12-15 tables set up and we play there. I know the manager and she likes it as we drive some extra business to the bar.

I have also hosted recently at an apartment complex. They have like a two story clubhouse that tenants can request to rent for free. They put a deposit down but get it all back as long as no damage has been done.

Bars I get. But I'm curious how does an apartment complex management feel about the common areas being used for real money poker? What stakes were you playing?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom