Windwalker’s Chipping Journey in Pr0n0grAph1C Detail (18 Viewers)

KLGTLN5.jpg

SDhgF6n.jpg
Inlays could be better with a couple of phone numbers on them, but otherwise decent set!

Do they track serial numbers when these are distributed at the cage? Or when they are turned back in? Could a real 2915 and a fake 2915 both be turned in? Sure coloring in/out $1000 chips is much less frequent than $1 chips, but unless there is a realtime ledger, I don't see how serial numbers are useful at all, certainly not better than security devices.

Do they track serial numbers when these are distributed at the cage? Or when they are turned back in? Could a real 2915 and a fake 2915 both be turned in? Sure coloring in/out $1000 chips is much less frequent than $1 chips, but unless there is a realtime ledger, I don't see how serial numbers are useful at all, certainly not better than security devices.
I think if there’s suddenly a surplus of one or more numbers they will have an easier time identifying who turned them in at the cage.

As long as there is a realtime ledger, I'd agree. Otherwise, "where'd this extra 2915 come from?"

Also, they should be more interested in preventing the crime rather than solving it after it occurs.

As long as there is a realtime ledger, I'd agree. Otherwise, "where'd this extra 2915 come from?"

Also, they should be more interested in preventing the crime rather than solving it after it occurs.
I think it costs less to discourage and discover after the fact than trying to prevent. At least for the 1k denom level.

My experience during cashing chips was simply them counting it - there was no explicit verification of serial numbers or anything like that.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom