FREE loan of Paulson clay and Bud Jones plastic samples, especially for new chippers! See inside for rules.... (18 Viewers)

The Canadian set will be moving on soon, just waiting for another sample that should arrive today; to compare before sending out. Sorry for any delay. And huge thanks, this has been great!

I hope that everyone who has had a chance to receive and evaluate these sets got some useful information from them. Please continue to encourage each other and especially new chippers in North America to sign up for them. This is by no means exclusive to new members only - these are also available for the experienced yet curious crowd as well! For the price of a SFRB, it's worth the investment.

Yeah I was specifically interested in the Bud Jones chips. But it was interesting to see the well worn Paulsons as well. Highly recommended for anybody to check out

I hope that everyone who has had a chance to receive and evaluate these sets got some useful information from them. Please continue to encourage each other and especially new chippers in North America to sign up for them. This is by no means exclusive to new members only - these are also available for the experienced yet curious crowd as well! For the price of a SFRB, it's worth the investment.
This was so generous of you to put together. I know I speak for everyone when I say how appreciative I am of this entire forum, and members like you. I know that right now, china clays are all that I can afford. I now have samples in hand of 4 different CCs and two different slugged chips. I know that just having these premium chips in my hands and comparing them to the CCs prior to making a final decision is going to make it a harder decision. But I want to make that decision with as much information as possible. And I'm sure once I have seen and held Paulsons, that I'm going to want to start collecting some, even if it is just a few at a time.

A gesture such as this increases interest in the hobby, and helps to draw us n00bs into it, thus helping to hold and increase the value of the premium chips for those of you with big collections.

The Canadian set is on it's way to @Davis

Thank you so much @allforcharity for this very kind gesture.

Also wanting to leave some Feedback for folks, how do I do that? Seems to always fail at the add a Thread step. Is this limited by post count or something?

Last edited:
Feedback can only be made if the two persons involved have commented on the same thread in the Classifieds. As a PCF function, feedback is for sale and trade transactions, not for favours or "good deeds".

Sample Sets 1 and 2 are at their final US destinations at the moment, so any chipper that wants to sign on from today will probably be able to get a set in hand fairly quickly. Sample Set 3 in Canada is moving along.

Sample Sets 1 and 2 are at their final US destinations at the moment, so any chipper that wants to sign on from today will probably be able to get a set in hand fairly quickly. Sample Set 3 in Canada is moving along.
Set 2 has not arrived yet. Unless my wife didn't check the mailbox today... :unsure: @GR_Dante do you have a tracking number?

My set is on the way to @TX_Golf_N_Poker . I had a few clay samples from a decade ago that I added because all they were doing was sitting in my closet. Thanks @allforcharity for setting this up!
Thanks for the extra chips added to the set. Here they are:
Addl Chips.jpg

I think I've identified most of them. The Blues look like BCC Inplays. Not sure about the one in the middle. The rest appear to be promotional samples from Classic Poker Chips. Very cool and a nice addition to the set to compare some other clays to the Paulsons.

Well in all fairness, I only added the 3 blues at the bottom and also the one in the middle. The CPC chips were in there when I received it.

Well in all fairness, I only added the 3 blues at the bottom and also the one in the middle. The CPC chips were in there when I received it.
Well alrighty then. We have a mystery giver. :D So what is the chip in the middle? It does appear to have a mold around the rim under the label. It sounds like clay when I set it down on the table. It's 8.1g and slightly smaller in diameter than the CPCs and the InPlays. Do you know who it was made by?

Well alrighty then. We have a mystery giver. :D So what is the chip in the middle? It does appear to have a mold around the rim under the label. It sounds like clay when I set it down on the table. It's 8.1g and slightly smaller in diameter than the CPCs and the InPlays. Do you know who it was made by?

So if I remember correctly, I got all of those as part of a clay sample from about 2006. I think its called a flame mold which looks like it was made by BCC. But thats as much as I know.

There was also a Paulson Pharoah $1, TR King Deadwood $500 and an ASM Key West $25 but I held on to those.

Attention, new chip hobbyists! There are 2 sample sets in the USA right now that are waiting to be sent to the next interested persons! Sign up here and get samples like your mother told you to!
Yes sir! I have one of these sets in hand, and I can attest that if you've never handled premium chips it is very eye opening. I can get the set I have on its way in a day or so if someone wants to see it.

Hello everyone, hope you're all well and healthy during these crazy times!

Canadian set just arrived in my post and I have them, will reach out to the next in line to organize shipping.

@allforcharity Can't thank you enough for the opportunity to see some real nice chips, they're great!

Okay, update time.

The two sample sets in the USA are at the last members on the list, so are available for (almost) immediate forwarding to another USA address for any interested member.

DSC_2489b.JPG

The one modified sample set in Canada is also available for forwarding to any Canadian address.

DSC_2575.JPG

Just post your interest in participating here. No obligation to do anything except forward it to the next interested party (in the same country).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom