Different Types of Poker Chips - for Beginners / New Members (3 Viewers)

Great writeup. These are pieces I've gleaned as I started learning about chips, and you've done a very good job summarizing and detailing.

Before I joined here, I also binged on forum member Hobbyphilic yt vids. -- Great podcast style, listened to them at work.

https://www.youtube.com/@Hobbyphilic
These are very helpful to see chips in action and solid, balanced commentary.

Hello, this is David. The purpose of this post is to help new members / beginners understand the different popular types of chips. They will be ordered by price, I will give some facts information about them, and maybe a tad of my opinion of them
Great write up. Thanks!

Really? I’ve had two games with the BRPROS now and I finally, finally didn’t have to hear those damn words. I could cry tears of happiness lol.

Yes, really. I have denominated cash chips plainly marked with their values, and still get regs *who have played in my game countless times* sometimes ask what they are worth.

And I see this in other games all the time.

IDGI but it’s true.

Some weird sort of selective blindness, or laziness, where all they see is the base color of the chip… which itself should serve as a tip-off, or ought to be if you’ve played with any set for more than a couple orbits.

Last edited:
Yes, really. I have denominated cash chips plainly marked with their values, and still get regs *who have played in my game countless times* sometimes ask what they are worth.

And I see this in other games all the time.

IDGI but it’s true.

Some weird sort of selective blindness, or laziness, where all they see is the base color of the chip… which itself shoukd serve as a tip-off, or ought to be if you’ve played with any set for more than a couple orbits.
I mean I feel that. We used the shitty dice chips for years and years and every game it was the same thing. So I’m very glad the denominations have seemed to clear up that problem for now.

What I am worried about is the DDLMs and the ESPTs have switched 1ks and 5ks colors lol. Expecting that to be a problem eventually.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom