Official PCF Whisk(e)y Thread (56 Viewers)

I'm curious about the American Single Malt whiskeys, but at $66 and only 90 proof, I'd pass on that one too.
My local has both of Bulleit’s new releases…the American Single Malt and the 12yr Rye. I think they’re both $55. I passed on the single malt and grabbed a couple of the 12yr instead. I liked the first 2-3 pours of it enough to grab a 3rd bottle for the bunker…it’s very good. It’s 92 proof but drinks more like it’s in the low 100s. Super rich and complex and the oak is just perfect.

American single malts just haven’t piqued my interest probably because I’m not a scotch fan.

Last edited:
My local place still has CASES of this, if anyone wants one during the NJ meetup (or PA meetup for that matter). I think it is in the $65 range.

They're not quite "everywhere" but I know of ar least two locals that got a bunch of these, great bottle for $60.

Saw this on the shelf. Never seen it before. I passed on it, but thought it was interesting.

View attachment 1325441
I saw this one the other day too and passed. Saw a Redwood Empire Foggy Burl as well ($100), was very tempted considering how much I enjoy RE offerings but passed there too. Avoiding getting into the American single malts to help my poor wallet lol.

Gonna make post #2500 a good one considering that about 2400 of them are in this thread :cool
IMG_7311.jpeg
Let’s go Canes!

@ctestb out of curiosity, do you get most of your stuff from local stores or from online?

I’m blown away by your collection. It’s marvelous :love:

@ctestb out of curiosity, do you get most of your stuff from local stores or from online?

I’m blown away by your collection. It’s marvelous :love:
The Double Eagle Very Rare is the greatest pickup. Forever in debt to that store’s owner. He offered it at MSRP on the agreement that it will be drank with friends or family for a great achievement in my life (not flipped/ sold). I asked what justifies opening a bottle like that and he paused for a moment and finally said “when your child graduates from law or medical school”.

I don’t have kids so it’s gonna be a while.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom